My 1/72 Bandai Perfect Grade Millennium Falcon

MARK M3

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
YES!!!!

"THE" Millennium Falcon model I have wanted since standing in line around the block and finally seeing a film called STAR WARS! While everyone at the time loved the X Wings, I from day one loved the Falcon...THIS Falcon...A perfect reproduction of the 5' Filming model.

Very excited about building her up!

(Sorry for any confusion...I have decided to continue this thread as not to clutter up others)

Last edited:
Re: My Bandai 1/72 Perfect Grade Millennium Falcon

She’s a beaut! Looking forward to seeing painting and weathering!

Sean

Re: My Bandai 1/72 Perfect Grade Millennium Falcon

Man. It's gonna take me months to build mine!

Of course, I'm putting in microcontroller lighting, animated parts, building custom 3D prints...

Re: Please delete...

Wait! No! I missed it! What were you guys talking about? Who built what?
I missed something important again didn't I?
What if this was post I have been waiting my whole life for? Now it is gone forever. I give up.
Time to drink.

If you are really desperate to see it, you could always cut and paste the subject line from some of the responses above into Google and load a cached version of this thread.

What happened? I was going to check this thread out yesterday now it's gone.

This thread was a repost of his post on page 74 of the main Bandai Millennium Falcon thread. They’re still there if you want to see them.

OK...A little more progress. First there is no hymn or reason for how I am doing this. I am bouncing around the upper hull, sides and engine deck right now. I used photos of the real 5' Falcon .(I ran out of ink on my printer, otherwise I would display the photos with my model)...The fun continues!

Note...the little gaps here and there will be cemented flush with the hull as I progress!

So, what weathering methods are you using, Cap? You built and basecoated the entire model, then did you detail paint the panels or use the Bandai decals? Airbrush or do the turpanoid/dot staining methods (from the YouTube tutorials)?

Daaaaamn, finished already??!

Not at all...Still need to add detail decals To the upper hull and starboard Sidewalls then she gets flipped over for the lower hull weathering/detailing/Etc...

- - - Updated - - -

So, what weathering methods are you using, Cap? You built and basecoated the entire model, then did you detail paint the panels or use the Bandai decals? Airbrush or do the turpanoid/dot staining methods (from the YouTube tutorials)?

After carefully airbrushing the model with my base color, I painted the different panels AND used some of the supplied decals. I used Pastels/washes/airbrush/paint brush and Rustall for the weathering. As well as some oil paints!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back