Real metal, working Rocketeer Cirrus X-3 jet pack FULL build thread

TMNTRocketeer

After a LONG delay, I am proud to finally deliver my full build thread for the Cirrus X-3 I built from the movie the Rocketeer. This was premiered at the Tribute to Dave Stevens group art show that I curated at Creature Features in Burbank, CA earlier this year on April 22. After a lot of interest, I've put together this page with albums filled with in process pictures and notes. More will be added.

This is the most accurate to the film you will find. It is built far better than even the film prop ever was. Real metal, working hardware, meticulous & period accurate details. Lights, sound, & fire/fog effects.

Thanks for ALL of your support & views this past year. Please share, discuss, comment, and explore. Check it out here:

https://www.facebook.com/rocketeerjetpack/

Here's a sneak peek at what all the fuss is about:
4.jpg3.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Unbelievable! I am gobsmacked. Speechless.

Sent from my brain using the Tapatalk monkeys

That is absolutely stunning, a real labour of love! Well done on an incredible job.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I remember seeing this in person and it was great to meet you! this rocket pack was breath taking and it looked like you could literally strap it on and take off, really really fun to see light up and hear at the show!

I was the guy that had the Rocketeer Normal Rockwell painting at the show with ya! cheers!

I saw a video from this show a while ago and thought man that is a good rocketpack prop. So shiny. I wish I saw it in person.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back