3PO Deco Light Comparisons

spacebob

Sr Member
Just a quick comp of the 3D deco light that is on sale in quite a few places at the mo.
All pics from the same distance so comps are good for size.

web3po289.jpg

The cast I'm using for comparison appears to be related to a screen accurate mask, although I'm assuming it is a little small as casts of casts tend to be.
The light has had the back taken off and the neck piece unscrewed.

web3po290.jpg

I bought the cast from fleabay years ago and have no idea of who made it...

web3po291.jpg

I think its really quite good for £20 (hmv). With a bit of cutting and filling this thing could def be worthy of display... or just leave as is :)

Last edited:
It's only about 5mm shorter over all for height so I'm saying yes Unfated

The eyes on the "real" cast are the same size as the light, maybe 1/2 of a millimetre larger on the cast.
Depth of the side from the eyes to the "tiara" is about 4 mm longer on the light.

Even though its symmetrical the light is very close indeed :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I might just have to track on of those down. Sure, the details are a little off and the proportions are wrong, but it's not entirely horrible. Kinda like a preteen 3PO, before the growth hormones kicked in.

That's great. Now if we can get someone to make an upgrade kit for the back half of the head.

I'm thinking if you need a back then using a pep file could work.
Maybe a cheap mask turned the wrong way, with a lot of car filler.

If you are going that way then you could fix the other wrong things on the front, the chin should be longer,narrower and set further back.
The eyebrows need to be wider.
The sharpness on the bottom of the eye sockets/cheeks needs sanding a lot smoother.
The forehead needs another 5/6 mm inserted to make it higher.

All very do-able really.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a bad photo of the inside, its really thin but strong so cutting would be super easy.

web3po99.jpg

Yeah, picked one up a couple of weeks ago. I'm either going to vac for over it or just use it as is and build a back piece so I can drag a complete head behind my R2 should the mood take me. Add some 3P0isms to R2's vocabulary too add a bit of life to him.

Good comparison pics spacebob

Last edited by a moderator:
I have four of these kinds of lights; Darth Vader (and separate lightsaber in hand), Boba Fett, C3P0 and Iron Man (head only, no hand), and I really like them. I hadn't done a comparison but just by memory they look pretty accurate. Thanks for posting your comparisons

I've moved them now so I've destroyed the original "broken wall" effect stickers, though I could always buy spares or paint it on by hand, but they look OK without them. My plan was (and still is) to repaint them. C3P0 gold, obviously, and I want to give Boba Fett a proper, screen accurate, paint job.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back