Blade Runner 2049 Joi's Emenator

Djblingbling1

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I hope im spelling that correctly, the emanator!

This is probably my favorite prop from the new film. Im no expert at 3D design by any means, but I thought by diving in maybe others with more talent would follow suite down the road.

StaticEmenator3.jpgaddedslot.jpg

Here is what I came up with...test printing one without the slot right now, and then will test that if the scale on this one checks out.

From looking at the limited stills, and photos I can find here is my figures:

-The emenator is about 6.5-7" long close, I scaled mine at 4" for the top and 2.5 for the bottom.
- It is pulled apart with two hands, and appears to be held in place by friction.
- There is a switch on the right side that activates the jingle and illuminates the light on the front.
- It only seems to be opened the first time it is synced. after that it dosnt appear open again (from my memory) until right before it is broken.

I will post updates as I have them!

Last edited:
I’m working on getting one of these made too. I spent quite a bit of time scaling by K’s hand but the measurements are close. Also I think the “joi” is a decal because it doesn’t look very raises and definitely not embossed.

I did it raised at first and didnt like it...It looks embossed to me, but a decal would be hard to do printed so I think its the best option for this. Id love an aluminum one with proper decals and all that. Im hoping to fit a plecter labs nano biscotte in it so I can have some Joi quotes, but I think ill have to scale it up a bit.

I plan on doing a rub on decal for the “joi”. I have to order some samples just to make sure they’ll work. I plan on casting mine in resin one I finish the master. It seems like it should be so simple but the more pictures I get the more complex it gets.

I hear you there! Stoked to see how yours turn out.

I think the hardest thing is having it open and not fall apart...I have a few ideas since im realizing printing with that slot isnt going to work.

I thought the JOI logo was embossed as well, but when he first opens the box to show her, it looks smooth (so printed/painted). It also looked smooth in the Tested video, but it's hard to tell since they skipped over focusing on it for some reason.

Also, the on screen term is "Emanator" when he first syncs it with her.

Looking forward to seeing one of these. It's probably my "must have" prop from the movie.

I thought the JOI logo was embossed as well, but when he first opens the box to show her, it looks smooth (so printed/painted). It also looked smooth in the Tested video, but it's hard to tell since they skipped over focusing on it for some reason.

Also, the on screen term is "Emanator" when he first syncs it with her.

Looking forward to seeing one of these. It's probably my "must have" prop from the movie.

I will definitely do a run once I everything gets worked out

IT KILLS ME that there aren’t many good screenshots out there yet, probably won’t until the Blu-ray. But I could’ve sworn that, when Luv beats the crap out of K in Vegas, and there’s a birds-eye-view of the emanator, I could SWEAR it had a nearly carbon fiber finish. Or I’m crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the light reminded me of one of the blue push switches I was using on a project a few years ago although they might be a little long for the housing (plus they were 12v)
IMG_2843.jpg

if anyone is looking for the internals here, i have been working with very small single battery step up converters.
Ive been using a single AAA battery and holder running to one of these DC-DC step up converters, then out do an LED or 3 for simple lights like this. its convenient and small.

this emanator canister looks like its JUST big enough for a single battery within so this might be the best option thats not button cells to get some lighting and such in here.

ill be experimenting with it later this week when my printers are free

step up -
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CZL2V8A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

single battery holder -
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0156U7WWC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

The issue im running into is the light/switch...I think a standard 12mm switch is too big, and im not sure what my options are for smaller.

:lol I actually use an Innokin vaper, been off the smokes for six months. Unfortunately it's not this one, or I could share dimensions. The button on my vaper is very similar to the Joi one, except it's oblong and glows green instead of blue.

Great work thus far!
it just occurred to me where i have seen that shape...
View attachment 771644

i taste vv v4.0 vaporizer by a company called innokin.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back