Blade Runner 2049 Joi's Emenator

looks great. what did you use as led and battery power?

I used a white 3mm led. The batteries (not sure if size) are a 3 pack of coin cells out of one of my kids toys.

Still need to put a lens on. This was more a test to see if I could even squeeze it all in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice!

Found something!!??? Can't wait to see it :D !! Right now I'm working on a sound effect solution. Not easy!

fc1a6b06b94ede21f8ec8caf71662819.jpg
Ain’t she cute!?

Sound affect would be amazing! Let me know how you do.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180113/fc1a6b06b94ede21f8ec8caf71662819.jpg Ain’t she cute!?

Sound affect would be amazing! Let me know how you do.

It's so tiny in your hand! (that's what she said...sorry I had to. :$)

This is amazing! Do you mind sharing where you got it?

As for sound, my plan is this :

- Get an arduino micro or even better an Adafruit Bluefruit LE Micro - Bluetooth Low Energy + ATmega32u4
https://www.adafruit.com/product/2661 (Would be connected to your smart phone via bluetooth and play the jingle when you get notifications ;))
The adafruit one is a bit too big I'm afraid.

- For speaker I was thinking of salvaging the speaker from an old galaxy s3 smart phone. Not sure if it's possible, but I will try.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely! I don't mind sharing at all -- thats why I'm here. Found the rail here:
https://www.mcmaster.com/#8381k4/=1b3nzmj.

Also, take look at this sound player:
https://www.dfrobot.com/index.php?r...TsUmGlONm3rZ9YMB72_z6Oli86za7AQxoCHIsQAvD_BwE

This is a good option if you need a simple sound FX without an arduino. It will work on its own. Speaker...that sounds good. Ive got some old cell phones i could destroy. Ive also seen people solder directly to micro sd cards...not sure how it works, never tried.

Currently on iteration 45...yes 45 (Only iteration 5 for the printed version). It's almost done, I still have to fix some minor issues and since each iteration takes 6h minimum to print, well, it's a very long process (Also quite expensive :p). Hoping to finish it by the end for next week!! :D

Currently on iteration 45...yes 45 (Only iteration 5 for the printed version). It's almost done, I still have to fix some minor issues and since each iteration takes 6h minimum to print, well, it's a very long process (Also quite expensive :p). Hoping to finish it by the end for next week!! :D

It’s the price we pay to play! Lol. I’m sure it will be worth it in the end.

Mines on hold —but SO close. Finishing up a grail diary and then back to it.

Any luck with adding sound? I may have a solution...

IT'S DONE!!! Well, for now :p. I am really happy to finally share it with you guys!! My first time actually getting to participate on this awesome forum, on one of my favorite prop, has been so amazing (Been reading posts for a while but never really took part in the replicating process).

The whole thing fits really snug and feels awesome in your hand ;). I suggest printing on the highest quality possible. It's worth it, trust me.
I might still keep working on it and try to fit some sound board sometime in the future. I was also thinking that this could be an awesome resin kit so if anyone would like to make a kit feel free to contact me.

Any luck with adding sound? I may have a solution...

If you've got something good I might not have any choice but to try it Draxel haha.

I will be totally honest and say:

The only reason why I'm asking money for the model, it's because school ain't cheap and I thought this was a fair price for the amount of work I have put into this project. (Turbosquid also take 40% off the sales) Please give me feedback if you have any questions on the model, the price or anything else.

GET THE STL FILES:
https://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/1247397

Once again, you guys rock!

Last edited by a moderator:
That is great work!!

What parts are reuired to fit the lighting?

I suppose you're asking what electronics the design was based to fit.

This is what I am using:

- White CREE JH LED x1 (Note that other LED might also fit) ***I got mine from an old pocket flashlight.

sku_145542_1.jpg

- 6x6x14mm push on/off button x1

Push-Button-Self-Latched-Maintained-Switch-8x8mm-Blue-Button-6-Pin-New-M1004792979.jpg

- LR44 button batteries x3

LR44_Button_Cell_Battery_IEC_Standard_Version.jpg

I also have a 220k resistor so the led doesn't get too hot.

Again, this is what I use, but the model is pretty flexible on what you want to add/remove/modify.

That's great, that's exactly what I was after. Thanks.

By the way what resolution did you print at?

The higher the better, but I printed mine with 0.1mm and 100% infill (the lower casing and middle part can be printed with 15-25%) and it's perfect. Almost no sanding required. The best is to see what works with your printer.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back