My Bandai Micro Millennium Falcon with lighting

WOW!! , terrific looking lighting effects . Congrats & thanks for sharing . Don’t suppose you’d let us look under the hood ? ;)

Ged

WOW!! , terrific looking lighting effects . Congrats & thanks for sharing . Don’t suppose you’d let us look under the hood ? ;)

Ged

Thank you very much Ged.... Here are some pictures....

Micro MF01.jpgMicro MF02.jpgMicro MF3.jpgMicro MF4.jpg

Mini MF 03.jpgMini MF 04.jpgMini MF 05.jpgMini MF 06.jpg

Mini MF 09.jpgMini MF 08.jpgMini Neopixels for my Micro MF.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Amazing! However, you talked too much during the video. lol

Thank you very much for the kind words, I hate doing the videos, they're just done for the sake of my threads.....:lol

Great work!

I'd love to see more details on the lighting set if you can share those -- I'm about to embark on my own first Millennium Falcon lighting project :) So far I've gotten as far as breaking every sub-1.0mm drill bit I own :facepalm

Awesome job. I know who to call in the future when I need lighting help (I live in your neighborhood).

Amazing job on lighting it!

Also a great job on painting and weathering. Looks just right for it's scale.

Could be used in a special effects shot!

The only criticism I have, and it's minor, is it looks like the cockpit interior lighting could have used a little toning down. It might just be due to exposure/light level in the video

Otherwise, lighting looks perfect everywhere else!

teslabe ,

Thanks for posting those interior lighting set-up pics . Didn’t realise how much you managed to cram in there !

Quick question if I may - during the video #1 , the engine light/s seemed ( to my eyes anyway ) to be pulsing . Was that just my imagination or was that really going on ( hence that micro-board ) ?

Cheers Ged

Last edited by a moderator:
Great work!

I'd love to see more details on the lighting set if you can share those -- I'm about to embark on my own first Millennium Falcon lighting project :) So far I've gotten as far as breaking every sub-1.0mm drill bit I own :facepalm

Thank you and happy to share, what did you need to see?

Awesome job. I know who to call in the future when I need lighting help (I live in your neighborhood).

Thank you and feel free to ask anything, not sure if I can help but I'll try....;)

- - - Updated - - -

Love this. Those are some tiny LEDs!

Thank you very much....

- - - Updated - - -

Amazing job on lighting it!

Also a great job on painting and weathering. Looks just right for it's scale.

Could be used in a special effects shot!

The only criticism I have, and it's minor, is it looks like the cockpit interior lighting could have used a little toning down. It might just be due to exposure/light level in the video

Otherwise, lighting looks perfect everywhere else!

Thank you for the very kind comments, the LEDs look much brighter to the camera than they truly are.

@teslabe ,

Thanks for posting those interior lighting set-up pics . Didn’t realise how much you managed to cram in there !

Quick question if I may - during the video #1 , the engine light/s seemed ( to my eyes anyway ) to be pulsing . Was that just my imagination or was that really going on ( hence that micro-board ) ?

Cheers Ged

Ged,
The engine effect is done with 20 Neopixels and unlike RGB LEDs, you can control each Neopixel individually through a serial data line so wiring is much cleaner, just three wires....
The effect you see in the video is a pulsating blue with random white flashes across the row, the camera has a hard time picking the effect up, but if you look close you can see it.

That’s so cool . I watched the video on my iPad mini , so I wasn’t 100% certain all that movement ( light effects ) were going on . Any chance you could post a pic or drawing showing / describing the ‘ how - to ‘ , including parts used , for complete ignorants ( when electronics are involved ). like myself ?

:cheersGed

Very nice flicker effect. I'm just cutting my teeth with neopixels right now, would you be willing to show your sketch code? Thanks!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back