Luke Skywalker TLJ robe

nwjedidave

Sr Member
anyone know what type of material this would be?
lukerobe.jpg

To me it looks as though it's been hand knit. As much as I would love to tackle this costume, learning how to knit is not on my list of skill acquisitions I'm looking to acquire just yet. Lol. Judging from the thickness of the yarns it definitely strikes me as knit vs some sort of woven fabric.

It is a beautiful costume though and I love that they are trying different things other than the traditional Jedi robes seen in the prequels and Alec Guiness's Kenobi. As much as I love those, it's nice to see that the Jedi look is evolving.

It is a beautiful costume though and I love that they are trying different things other than the traditional Jedi robes seen in the prequels and Alec Guiness's Kenobi. As much as I love those, it's nice to see that the Jedi look is evolving.

I heartily agree. Luke needed some more edge after his transformation in ROTJ

I can knit.. almost looks like it was done on a sweater machine. Maybe knitted on the sweater machine, and then shrunk so the fibers are closer together? Happened to me before with my doctor who scarves I've made. I will try out some methods later on shrinkable yarns and get back with pictures.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

I made one using "Sweater Fleece." It looks okay, and sews really nicely. It's not perfect, but the only other option is purchasing a number of large blankets or sweaters to hack up as yardage. I'll post a picture, when I get home.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back