Original Uncle Fester Bust WIP

SkinnedSculpt

Heres a 1/2 scale Jackie Coogan Uncle Fester bust I'm currently working on. It'll be cast in silicone and the bulb will light up on the finished piece. Still need to tweak the nostrils a little and texture the chin/neck

20171028_154144-01.jpeg20171031_183546-01.jpeg20171031_184312-01.jpeg20171031_184330-01.jpeg

Here are few with the raccoon eyeshadow photoshopped in and a lightbulb
fester1.jpgfester2.jpgfester3.jpg

Could you guys give me a reasonable price for getting a piece of this scale molded and cast? And if anyone in the NY area does casting/molding I'd be interested in your services, thanks for looking and happy Halloween!

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words

Question: Does anyone think its possible to pull this off with a 1 part mold? I'm not confident in my ability to remove the flashing that will inevitably be left from a 2 part mold and since the character is bald, removing the flashing without a trace is very important.

Heres a sketch of what I'm thinking, the vertical black line represents the cut line that I'd make to remove the sculpt and cast from the mold.
pmVzR4q.jpg

for those of you more experienced mold makers do you think it could work? I'm sure it would decrease the "shelf life" of the mold but I'm not too concerned with that since I'm only looking to get 5-10 casts out of it.

I guess it would be possible with a one part mold, with a seam up the back of the head but I think you'd get better results with it being two, it being in halves would register cleaner together than just one slip mold.

As for getting it molded, I believe there's a Reynold's or Smooth-On outlet in NY (you may have to check their site) and I know they offer courses and classes on mold-making. Just by that alone, I'm sure they have someone on-hand able to either show you or do it for you.

Make it a two part mold and learn to seam and patch silicone. You'll have a much better time getting the silcone in there with a two parter, and it'll last you those 5-10 castings.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back