Baby power droid

iloveyouiknow87

HY everybody , last week i came across a thread made by @spacebobs on his amazing lifesize spacedroid, he kindly attached the dimensions plans that i redraw it on illustrator in order to scale it and make the parts placement easier , it toke me 5 days nearly 50 hours of work to get it done, this is my first attempt on building a droid , as i am more focused on sculpting stuff but i have a good woodworking background that helped me a lot in this project. ,
in the meantime i was working on it, i made some research and figure out that i could do some variations just to make it different as the internet references are not much, i wanted to add two back vents since iv'e learned the power droid is a portable battery. for the mechanical components i went around at the hardware store and a couple of other things that i recycled in my workshop.i choose to paint it grey green's and weathering whit some darker green , it reminds me of Frankestein skin color, and it felt happy whit it as we are getting close to halloween.. in i for the electrical panel i wanted to add some lighting , 2 different types , the standard kind of droyd ocular orbit, and a rectangular section , yellow that reminds me of the sandcrawler and tatooine... the model is 50 cm tall ( 20 inches ) hope you guys like it and let me know what you think and many thanks to Bob! @spacebob for sharing the plans and the inspiration, HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO YOU ALL
IMG_6851.jpgIMG_6859.jpgIMG_6853.jpgIMG_6854.jpgIMG_6855.jpgIMG_6857.jpgIMG_6856.jpgIMG_6864.jpgIMG_6863.jpgIMG_6860.jpgIMG_6861.jpg

IMG_6862.jpg

IMG_6863.jpg

IMG_6860.jpg

IMG_6861.jpg

IMG_6851.jpg

IMG_6859.jpg

IMG_6853.jpg

IMG_6854.jpg

IMG_6855.jpg

IMG_6857.jpg

IMG_6856.jpg

IMG_6864.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic work! The feet look great and I love the lights.
I have thought about a mini desktop version of this droid for a long time.
Nice to see this!

He looks so happy, I wonder if he will grow up to be a full sized power droid one day?
Love the finish and the feet are great too.
Another Gonk for the army :)

You could post the vector drawings on here too, that would be handy for anyone who would like to join in the Gonkness.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back