Kylo Ren Costume from Costume Base any good?

SkyWulfe

Hi all,

Has anyone bought this Kylo Ren costume and customized it?

Looks good I can see will need some changes but looks like a good cheap start point.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's excellent for the price, but you should know it's not accurate with the layers and would not be 501st approvable if you are after that.
I may swap out the hood on mine and make one from black monk's cloth, but the one it comes with is decent....you will at least want to put a wire in it though.

You might want to check out the Kylo (knights of ren) sub forum using the link at the top of the forum index. There are many threads on it over there.

Check this out - what I did is mix two costumes. Waiting for my Anovos Kylo has turned into a horrible money pit but kids were too excited to see Kylo Ren (since I told them 6 months ago it would happen - thanks Anovos: Care to reimburse me for the Xcoser and Costume Base outfits?) But I digress...sort of.

Here's the thing: The Costume Base outfit appears to be the same as JediRobeAmerica. And it seems pretty cool. But I like the Xcoser robes better. The Costume Base belt is great. The Xcoser belt sucks. The Xcoser scarf is great, proper size. The Costume Base scarf is too small. So...

what I did is use the Costume Base pants. But I used the Xcoser shirt since it has a pleated body and the arm pleats look SLIGHTLY better. Then I took the Costume Base robe, cut off the hood, and put that on. Then I put on the Xcoser robe and scarf before, lastly, putting on the Costume Base belt.

I had my own gloves, boots, and Anovos helmet. Kr.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

22853342_10215234425753100_261427359382725678_n.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back