New show November 15th - new season? MYTHBLUNDERS........

If they wanted to keep Mythbusters on the air they should have paid Adam & Jamie to keep going but I think both of them realized the show was done by then.

Exactly! I agree.
The real, original Mythbusters had its run and it ended gracefully.
This new show should have it's own name and let the show stand on it's own 8 legs.
(Jon, Brian and BO [the mascot] ).
Call this one - MYTHBLUNDERS - for the comedic effect.
Nothing wrong with a new show, just don't bring MythBusters into it.
I'm just say'n. :)

Last edited:
From what I saw of the preview this is going to be a hot mess. I am with prop. Make a new show, be original and see what you can do. Realistically they have already lost a portion of their audience by calling it Mythbusters because most of us are already biased.

So far, for me the previews are boring, predictable and not "MUST WATCH TV". Usually a new television show must draw my attention
in order for me to change my normal routine and viewing habits. This show doesn't do that (based on the commercials).
They should just change the name to something more explanatory:

mythblunders 2.jpg
FAILURE IS AN OPTION.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen any of the episodes?
I guess it's a mixed bag of viewers with different thoughts on there attempt to create another genie in a bottle like the original.
I kind of think Hackett would have been a better choice based on how it is being produced up till now.....
At least Hackett would have fit the bill better (Hackett was one of the losers in the contest).

MYTHBLUNDERS: Failure is always an option.

I watched the first episode so far. It's a bit rough around the edges, some of their procedures are a bit sloppy. They probably don't have as much time to do experiments as the old team if the budget was reduced. I do expect them to get better as the season progresses.

Well you'd think so, but the sad part is, they won that little contest supposedly because of their superior background and build experience
like Adam and Jamie have with there extensive history.....These guy's should be just as good or better to carry on the legacy.
I've heard them say, Failure is an option. That doesn't exude any confidence to me. It is already starting out on a negative tone.
Of course that's just me....

Well you'd think so, but the sad part is, they won that little contest supposedly because of their superior background and build experience
like Adam and Jamie have with there extensive history.....These guy's should be just as good or better to carry on the legacy.
I've heard them say, Failure is an option. That doesn't exude any confidence to me. It is already starting out on a negative tone.
Of course that's just me....

Failure is always an option comes from the old show, Adam coined it. I liked the first episode, the dog was a nice addition.

Sent from my BLU LIFE MARK using Tapatalk

Thanks glunark.

I have watch all the episodes of the original many times and I know where that phrase came from. But with Adam, it was more tongue and cheek and not the rule, like this new show seems to be using it :(

Maybe it will get better next season....

I saw a 5 minutes segment. No point in beating a dead horse. If it had Hackett as a host i might have given it a chance.

That's funny.
Based on where this version seems to be going, I also thought Hackett would be a better host :)
As it is now, it's going no where.
I was hoping it would lend itself to actually learning something of value and not leave me feeling a bit dumber.....

I've watched the first 2 episodes and I'm really not liking Jon. He's trying too hard to be Adam and it is not working. I don't have much of an opinion on Brian yet. I don't like how much explanations they go through with things we already know from the original show but that could be for the people that never watched it before. I find it funny that out of the 4 myths they have done so far that all of them were busted.

I have no idea who Hackett is but if he was the host from the search I thought he was an idiot who did nothing but scream all of the time.

If anyone watched the search, the voting process was a mess. They didn't pick the best because of skill, the winners won by default.
Based on the over all vision of what most watchers expected of the new show, we found out there wasn't any real experts with the "jack of all trades" background.
Hackett wasn't the choice of many because of his background and lack of organisational build skills. So, based on where the new show is today,
it doesn't really matter who is hosting it now. So Hackett may have been perfect for this shows current premise.

attachment.php

I've watched the first 2 episodes and I'm really not liking Jon. He's trying too hard to be Adam and it is not working. I don't have much of an opinion on Brian yet. I don't like how much explanations they go through with things we already know from the original show but that could be for the people that never watched it before. I find it funny that out of the 4 myths they have done so far that all of them were busted.

I have no idea who Hackett is but if he was the host from the search I thought he was an idiot who did nothing but scream all of the time.

I saw the first two episodes too and the chemistry just isn't there. That's what made Mythbusters worth watching, Adam and Jamie's chemistry. This just feels wrong, plus they are trying to do the same things Adam and Jamie did instead of making the show their own. They needed a new Buster. Why? Do something new.

If you think about it, the first series of mythbusters wasn't exactly what we think of the show when we look back, it evolved as the years went by, and I have no doubt this will too.

At the moment we are in the Picard and Data are not Kirk and Spock phase, they just need their best of both worlds to come around.

I think that Adam and Jamie both had history and basic skills they could pull from to build a new series and the new host don't have any wheres near that.
I feel a new host (2) should be at least as skilled or better then them to carry on the name MYTHBUSTERS. Not start all over doing there best rehashing
old tired gags and hope all goes well in the end.
Just call the show something else and let them crawl on there own 8 legs (including the dog) and build there own reputation and not try and make something out of nothing, to fit the name MYTHBUSTERS.... :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back