Thor's Umbrella - Ragnarok

Grigori

I have a little collection of peculiar umbrellas and am very keen to add Thor's umbrella from Ragnarok to the collection. If anyone sees it being offered anywhere, or recognises it, would love to know

3C0102DF00000578-4103586-image-a-31_1484000222692.jpg

Thanks for the link! I bought one, drilled the string hole a bit bigger, and added brass inlays, then re stained it. I wouldn’t have stained it if I hadn’t dented it in the process, but live and learn.

186AED30-D77F-43C5-BA44-F060223CD506.jpeg

That looks fantastic! Is the brass inlay piece something that is purchased made (I.e. could it be done by someone with few tools and little knowledge)? My umbrella has arrived at last, I’ve taken out the string, and would like to close that hole if I could work it out.

I hand sawed a piece of brass rod that was similar size to the hole, then used a sanding disc to sand flat, but it could be sanded flat with just a piece of sandpaper sitting on a table.
Depending on your brass rod, you may need to drill out the hole just a tad. Other than that, no big tools needed.

Suggestion, instead of doing a single brass rod, make 2 small ones. That way you don't have to have the exact size rod and sand flush. You add glue in the hole, then push it in until is sits flush, then do the same on the other side.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back