Is there a knock-off or a "close enough" alternative to the Bladerunner Cibi glass?

Re: Is there a knock-off or a "close enough" alternative to the Bladerunner Cibi glas

Not the same shapes, but I really feel like these fit into the aesthetic:

vero.jpg

Re: Is there a knock-off or a "close enough" alternative to the Bladerunner Cibi glas

Not cibi in any way but
The Veronese Oval Base from the Vegas drinking session are cheep enough for 6
And the Bormioli Rocco Cassiopea from K's apartment are really cheep for 6

There is a limited edition of the Blade Runner 2049 UHD BluRay with two glasses, which should be available for preorder -- at least in the UK.
Each glass has a logo on the side and is probably undersized too.

Cost £15 more than the UHD edition without glasses. However, it seems that the preorder has sold out in many places.

Personally, I don't mind a smaller glass; I just hope that the logo comes off with some solvent or other.

... And then there is the really cheap option: The 50g Nescafé jar. Less than $5. Cut it in two places and fill the bottom with clear resin and it might look sorta OK. One end is wider than the other and the horizontal fold lines in the middle are missing, being more like a curve. Also: undersized.

Last edited:

There's THIS
...it looks "smoked" though

Yeah, I saw these this morning, that's what inspired me to start this thread :lol I think it looks spot on. Of course we need it clear, not smoked and its two ounces smaller which I can certainly live with.

Last edited:

I'll say close enough for my wallet;)

I have real Cibi Double old fashioned glasses and I also have a set of the ones off of Amazon. They are just about identical in shape and size. The Amazon glasses are really, really, dark though, far darker than what is pictured in the listing. The Amazon glasses are nice and heavy, they feel good in the hand, but I don't like drinking out of them as much because the rim of the glass is about twice as thick as the Cibi glasses.

Yeah, I saw these this morning, that's what inspired me to start this thread :lol I think it looks spot on. Of course we need it clear, not smoked and its two ounces smaller which I can certainly live with.

If the ones on Amazon weren't smoked we'd be all set!

Thread is about looking for a knock off or an alternative. These come in smoked and clear and I misread the reply saying they only come in smoked because it came right after a picture of the glasses in the link.

Surely these glasses come in clear. There is even mention of the black ones being "special edition", making me think that the "usual" ones are clear. Unless of course they are saying that of all the glasses they make the only make this model in black (for a limited time) in which case we're screwed.

Surely these glasses come in clear. There is even mention of the black ones being "special edition", making me think that the "usual" ones are clear. Unless of course they are saying that of all the glasses they make the only make this model in black (for a limited time) in which case we're screwed.

Yep the advert says these are the limited black edition so I have asked on Amazon if they also come in just clear glass, which I assume will be "unlimited". We shall see ;)

I think the point of the thread is to find some that will do the job and not be ridiculously expensive.:)

that is exactly the point of this thread!
I'm not accident prone nor do I break glasses often, even when I'm drinking, but I don't want to feel terrible if I accidently break a 100.00 glass! Most of my tumblers run about 7.00 each, and they're nice! But from time to time one gets chipped or broken. I simply throw it away and don't give it a second thought. If I chipped a Cibi I would be devastated.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back