Gonk Gonk Gonk

Alright, finished him up ... Don't know if Gonks have names, but I've taken to calling him Red1 ... I spent the day wiring up all the wiring around the body. I should say all the decorative wiring. I also applied a heaping helping of weathering. I'll likely do another pass, but I'm happy for now.

As for the mobility. He moves ... sorta. Which is what I was going for.

IMG_8593.jpgIMG_8589.jpgIMG_8580.jpgIMG_8579.jpgIMG_8576.jpgIMG_8575.jpgIMG_8574.jpgIMG_8572.jpgIMG_8571.jpgIMG_8592.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8580.jpg
    IMG_8580.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 641
  • IMG_8576.jpg
    IMG_8576.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,341
  • IMG_8579.jpg
    IMG_8579.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 165
  • IMG_8572.jpg
    IMG_8572.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 204
  • IMG_8573.jpg
    IMG_8573.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 191
  • IMG_8574.jpg
    IMG_8574.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 188
  • IMG_8575.jpg
    IMG_8575.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 165
  • IMG_8571.jpg
    IMG_8571.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 187
  • IMG_8561.jpg
    IMG_8561.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 189
And, here he goes! THere's actually a lot of control with the speed controller, Everything from gently swaying to wobbling, to seizure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, so he's talking now. Actually, he wont shut up. I can cue his sound via a remote. Sounds are stored on a flash card inside his belly.

For the sound I (like most gone builders) was never happy with the sound files available. The one scene from New Hope has a lot of background chatter and other droid talk.

So, my son happens to be going to college for audio engineering. I had him isolate several of the "GONK" sounds from the scene. remove all the loud ship and other droid noises and put together a 15-minute loop of a Gonk happily chattering away. This allows me to hit a button once and he'll stay chatty for 15 minutes at a show.

If anybody wants this file I would be happy to send it to you. Email me at valorreplicas@gmail.com

GONK!

Last edited by a moderator:
Came out fantastic.
The color scheme could not have been better.
Great placement, choice and use of greeblies.
Not overdone.
Each greeblie looks like it has a function and not just screwed on for the sake of adding it.
Id like to add a big thank you for offering up the use of the sound file.
A gesture that has seam to been lost these days.
This build has been a win in so many ways.
Robert

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back