Chief Jim Hopper Costume and Props Thread

The fit and feel of these pants seems correct. The belt loops are fairly wide . It would be easy to add flaps but getting matching fabric would be tough

Buy another pair of these pants, boom, same fabric, same color. Or the matching work shirt.

What color pants is everyone using? The Flying Cross shirt is Silver Tan. So Khaki? Or Desert Sand?

Anyone got side by side pictures?

Buy another pair of these pants, boom, same fabric, same color. Or the matching work shirt.

What color pants is everyone using? The Flying Cross shirt is Silver Tan. So Khaki? Or Desert Sand?

The color for the shirt is silver tan and the pants could be either the khaki or desert sand. And from what I can see from these pictures, the colors are very close to each other. Both would match well with the shirt. It's just a matter of personal opinion and taste.
pants.jpg
shirt.jpg

My Dickies are khaki. I think the desert sand was lighter - not sure. Pretty close match. In the images I don’t think his shirt and khakis match exactly. I will send pic of mine closer if I can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks spot on. Good to know.

Just tried to order that B-9 Parka from Primo, and they have none in stock despite you being able to place an order for them. There was one other website with it in stock, but it was only in a medium and that's just a tiny bit too small for me.

Man, talk about bad timing for us! Ha ha....dang it! Go figure just when we're all looking, it becomes nigh on impossible.....

In other things, I decided to further my leather working skill set and replicate the holster using the reference pics on the Tex Shoemaker website. That and it was a bit cheaper than buying one for $126.00. Also tried replicating the oil tan color seen in screen grabs. And now I have the pattern and can make more!

20171031_020835.jpg

Man, talk about bad timing for us! Ha ha....dang it! Go figure just when we're all looking, it becomes nigh on impossible.....

In other things, I decided to further my leather working skill set and replicate the holster using the reference pics on the Tex Shoemaker website. That and it was a bit cheaper than buying one for $126.00. Also tried replicating the oil tan color seen in screen grabs. And now I have the pattern and can make more!

View attachment 770115

That's gorgeous! What leather working tools did you use? And did you use part of a hide?

Thanks. It's an 8-9 ounce veg tan tooling leather shoulder split, a combo of hand stitching and machine stitching (I own a Tippman Boss leather stitcher), and 3 different stamping dies to make the basket weave. I've built holsters before, just never this heavy duty. But I was able to work out all the patterning and stitch guides for it, which was the hardest part.

Awesome! I'll have to start mine as well once I accrue some more tools and leather. I'm going to get my shirt and jacket and start sewing on the patches soon as well.

Hopper's uniform shirt looks to be a Flying Cross brand uniform shirt in Silver Tan. I have both the command style and the delux tropical, and the tropical seems to be the correct one.

Care to post pics comparing both?

I looked on their website and thought I remembered seeing at least one more model/style that came in Silver Tan. Granted, they all appear to be identical except for the material used. Hopper's seems to look almost fuzzy like flannel can be sometimes, to me anyway.

The command shirt has a hidden zipper up the front, whereas the tropical is all button up. We actually see Hopper button up his shirt several times in the show. The tropical also just "wears" better, and the material is a bit sturdier with a slight texture, as compared to the command, which is smooth. Both are great shirts, but if you're a stickler for trying to get close, the tropical is the way to go. And it feels better when you wear it, just my personal opinion.

flying cross shirt comparison.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back