Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Subscribe
    From
    Portland OR
    2 Days Ago  Jan 18, 2018, 2:00 PM - Re: Chief Jim Hopper Costume and Props Thread #126

Dr Jones Sr said: View Post
    Here's the Don Hume 216 4" I got cheaply on Ebay. I couldn't find a tan one, but there were loads of black ones, so I got one of those and painted it (first dark brown, the drybrushed with orange-ish brown)

https://i.imgur.com/J8PynL7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OBAEnCG.png
    Awesome! What did you use for the paint and how did you apply the paint?
    From
    Orange County CA
    1 Day Ago  Jan 18, 2018, 6:01 PM - Re: Chief Jim Hopper Costume and Props Thread #127

TheDavisBros said: View Post
    Awesome! What did you use for the paint and how did you apply the paint?
    Ordinary Liquitex acrylic paint. In my experience it adheres well to vinyl and leather.

I just painted on the first coat (Burnt Umber) with the paint at normal consistency as it comes from the tube, maybe thinned with water a tiny bit as needed if it's too thick.

Then, when the first coat was completely dry, a drybrushed pass with a mix of Raw Sienna, Cadmium Yellow Medium, and Cadmium Orange.

Same as with these inexpensive Funtasma vinyl boots, which came a plain ugly brown. Two different mottled undercoats with different shades of brown, and a tan drybrush pass for wear and dust. I've worn these boots at quite a few Cons and so far the paint has stayed put.

Last edited by Dr Jones Sr; 1 Day Ago at 6:13 PM.