Chief Jim Hopper Costume and Props Thread

The one issue I have with all the Flying Cross shirts is that they all have pleated pockets. Hopper's does not have pleats.

What do you mean? I'm missing what you're saying, they look identical so I must be missing something?

Got my badge in the mail today. Full metal; it's a beauty.
IMG_1621.JPG

I actually found a vintage navy blue b-9 flight parka on Etsy. It wasn't listed as one, but after asking the seller a few questions about it I concluded it was. I got it a couple of days ago and sure enough it was the exact same type of coat. It's a little darker than traditional navy, but nothing too drastic. I just am waiting on the Hawkins patch to put on the left sleeve now.

I will as soon as I get the coat back. I'm having the local alterations shop sewing on the patches and making a couple minor repair to it. Still waiting on the Hawkins patch to ship and then I'm having them put it on, but I'll post it here as soon as I get it completed.

I'm glad someone else noticed the boots. However, they don't have the standard Red Wing sole on them. They have the Vibram Christy sole, which can be seen in episode 201 when Hopper puts his feet on his desk while talking to Murray.

Sole.JPG
Screenshot (16).png

Last edited:
I'm glad someone else noticed the boots. However, they don't have the standard Red Wing sole on them. They have the Vibram Christy sole, which can be seen in episode 201 when Hopper puts his feet on his desk while talking to Murray. (Sorry, no screencap at the moment.)

View attachment 772124

Thanks for finding the accurate boot! I think I'll stick with the Crevo boots for now though because I don't have nearly $300 dollars to spend on boots lol.

Excellent find on the boots, and the sole info. I, too, will be sticking with my Crevos for the time being, but it's good to know for future purchase.

Thanks so much for all the information!

I'm a new member and fairly new to Cosplay in general.

I've been doing my own research (such as it is) on the Hopper costume and I'm pretty sure the shirt is the Flying Cross 19w6604.

As pointed out this style has the non-pleated pockets.

Comes in "tan" and "silver tan" and as is common with screen shots the exact colour of the original shirt is difficult to determine. (EDIT: silver tan is correct.)

Not sure, but the 19w6604 may no longer be in production. (EDIT: it's in production but also numbered 40w6504.)

His flag patch isn't reversed, which I think is probably correct to period. (EDIT: The wearing of reversed flags on the right arm dates to a US Army regulation from 2003.)

I've had a devil of a time trying to pin down the exact colour of the hat. In some shots it looks only slightly darker than the shirt, while in other shots it looks much darker. Some shots show taupe, some chocolate, some olive drab, some walnut.

It's basically a C-Crown or Teardrop Crown fedora, seems to me. Possibly the closest hat in production is the Stetson Stratoliner or Open Road in the colour Stetson called "Caribou".

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back