Star-Lord Element Blaster Build (WIP)

mluder

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Following Bill Doran's guidance at Punished Props, here's my take.
It starts with a Rubies costume prop (About $12 on Amazon) - Unfortunately they only make a right hand version.
As this is my first time working with an airbrush the intent was to use this as a test for for a next generation that will start with one of the kits from the various sellers here or on Etsy.
IMG_0197.jpgIMG_0196.JPGIMG_0206a.jpgIMG_0207a.jpg

Cheers
Steven

Attachments

• IMG_0206.JPG
    IMG_0206.JPG
    622.5 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_0207.JPG
    IMG_0207.JPG
    537 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_0206.JPG
    IMG_0206.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 301
I'm building mine as well for a x-mas gift for my best friend & yours & mine are so alike my last step is to buy the adhesive carbon fiber

Nice work! Did you use heat-shaped vinyl appliques for the carbon fiber? If so, what kind of shape did you cut it into before applying? I tried with mine but find that edges keep curling up after it cools.

Also, what paint did you use for the heat coloring on the barrels? They look great!

Sorry for the delayed response - I'm not on here that regularly.
The carbon fiber was an adhesive backed product that I just put on in a full sheet and then cut through the openings. Mine keep peeling loose too - the next ones I do I will hydro-dip.
The heat scorching was done with a flat black base and then All-Clad lacquers - transparent and hot metal colors. Purple, red, yellow.

Cheers
Steven

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back