The Mummy (1999) - Screaming Mummy Head

RobertMuldoon

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is my score from the PropStore’s live auction last month, it’s taken me this long to get my camera and take some nice photos of him!

20171015164258-MummyHead.jpg 20171015170558-MummyHead.jpg

The auction catalogue lists him as:
Screaming Mummy Head
MUMMY, THE (1999)

A screaming mummy head from Stephen Sommers' action-adventure The Mummy (1999). Imhotep (Arnold Vosloo) resurrected his priests to attack Rick O'Connell (Brendan Fraser) during the climax of the film. As O'Connell defeated his adversaries, dismembered mummy body parts fell to the floor.

Made of foam, the head has a brown and black paint finish resembling decayed bone and rotting flesh. Bound in aged strips of calico, the face features a screaming expression with exposed sections showing rubber 'flesh' membranes inside. Distressed for use on the production, the foam head is missing a section on the back of the skull. Dimensions: 25 cm x 17 cm x 31 cm (10'' x 6 3/4'' x 12 1/4'')

He’s going to get a bell jar to live, which is something the Victorians like to do with the heads (and sometimes hands) of the mummies they acquired. I also have a museum curator who wants to borrow him for an upcoming exhibition, but more on that when it's all finalised...

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back