Blade Runner 2049 (Alternate Screen-alike) Whiskey Bottle CAP!

bolsoncerrado

Along with a friend we've tried to recreate the cap seen in the movie for the whiskey bottle Deckard uses in the 2049 film. Unfortunately, and even if the rest of the bottle seems to match quite faithfully to the Johnny Walker 2049 Directors Cut bottle, the neck is too tall and we can't avoid it, so we need to somehow "hide it" by using other means...

WhatsApp Image 2017-10-24 at 20.13.02.jpeg

This is the Mk1 cap to replace the stock one. As you can see it has a "closed" position and a "free" position alike. This snug fit is the closest we'll get to the screen seen one without breaking the bottle's neck:

Captura de pantalla 2017-10-25 a las 12.45.51.png

Video of it in action:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/03xarhcmvdu4wjo/VID-20171025-WA0023.mp4

I'm currently printing Mk2 with the corners being a little more rounded.

I'll post more pics of newer versions for you to see.

Last edited:
The screen-used bottle is half that height with the bottom being a rectangular spout.

These images of the bottle were released before the Director's Cut became for sale:

Because the bottle has a regular cylindrical glass spout with a double-height cap, to make it look like the screen-used cap,I think a replacement cap should have different finishes on the top and bottom with a groove in-between.
It should perhaps also have somewhat less sharp edges.

Or make it two pieces. One to permanently affix to the bottle and the other with a cork in it.

Nice solution too Clutch!

I printed this one today on matte PLA, i think it turned out great!

w7gmqFy.jpg

I guess a final sharpie touch can help with the "gray" finish the filament ends up, but this required NO postprocessing at all. What you see is what it came out of the printer.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back