The Last Jedi - Behind the Scenes Stunt lightsaber.

newmagrathea

Sr Member
There are a couple shots that you see a stunt saber that is pretty much smooth, and painted to look like a lightsaber. I got one screen cap which was difficult because when you paused the video it put an overlay on the video making it difficult, so this was while it was playing.

I like calling it the smoothflex

Screenshot 2017-10-24 15.01.07.png

Here is the source: It's about 26 seconds into the video.
https://www.usatoday.com/videos/life/movies/2017/10/24/star-wars-rian-johnson-makes-his-mark-last-jedi/106958746/

Enjoy

Screenshot 2017-10-24 15.01.07.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I just can't believe it hasn't popped up yet, seeing how the movie is so close. Those guys are turkeys for not showing us :darnkids

I’m trying to avoid spoilers at all costs. I think rian is saving the saber reveal for climatic event in the film

“Something... truly special”
Yeah, me too!

Watch it be a ESB yoda thing, where he never touches one. Wouldn't that bite

Not counting his, that Rey hands him

Sleek and minimal for ease of twirling. :rolleyes

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like she is spinning it by the emitter... she better be careful not to loose some fingers!! :wacko

I’m trying to avoid spoilers at all costs. I think rian is saving the saber reveal for climatic event in the film

“Something... truly special”

I think you’re going to be a sad little boy come Xmas morn....

My gut is telling me Luke has no saber in this movie.

I think you’re going to be a sad little boy come Xmas morn....

My gut is telling me Luke has no saber in this movie.
Yeah, I mentioned that above comparing it to esb yoda. If he did use one, I'm sure we would have seen it by now.I think you maybe right.

That would make our Tfa sabers the saber that never was. Still cool to have. No regrets

Luke is going to use his saber.. I feel it... Maybe not in this movie but it's gonna happen. Why would they go out of their way to make a new prop?

Luke is going to use his saber.. I feel it... Maybe not in this movie but it's gonna happen. Why would they go out of their way to make a new prop?

They made it for TFA, and it was constructed early in the process when Luke’s role was initially bigger. That’s not an indication it will be in TLJ.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back