Large amount of chain mail for sale

RobM714

Someone, anyone help me out. I’m brand new to the RPF and I’m not sure how to navigate my way around here. I have a huge amount of Chain mail from a restaurant that closed. They were using it as wall decoration. As far as I can tell it’s stainless and there are 5 rolls of it aprox 30 feet long and 5 feet high. EACH! I have no idea what to do with it but I’ve listened to enough of Adam Savage’s podcasts to know that if anyone will put this to good use it’s the people of the RPF. Anyone with any suggestions or tips on the best place for me to get the word out about this? Thanks!

Someone, anyone help me out. I’m brand new to the RPF and I’m not sure how to navigate my way around here. I have a huge amount of Chain mail from a restaurant that closed. They were using it as wall decoration. As far as I can tell it’s stainless and there are 5 rolls of it aprox 30 feet long and 5 feet high. EACH! I have no idea what to do with it but I’ve listened to enough of Adam Savage’s podcasts to know that if anyone will put this to good use it’s the people of the RPF. Anyone with any suggestions or tips on the best place for me to get the word out about this? Thanks!
You can sell it in the junkyard but you will have to be a premium member to do so.. it costs around $4 a month or $36 a year I believe. Pretty cheap. But that would be the best place to sell it as you can't sell anywhere else on this site.. thanks!

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

When you do sell, you should make sure to mention whether it's riveted or just butted because that will definitely make a difference to some. If you don't know the difference it's really easy to tell. With riveted mail, as the name suggests, the rings are held closed by a rivet and the rings are typically flat. With butted mail the rings are simply pushed closed with nothing to hold them closed, the rings are also usually round as well.

Chances are that since it was used for decoration in a restaurant it's probably just butted mail, but as I said at the beginning, it will make a difference depending on the person. Somebody just looking for mail for a costume won't care or likely know the difference. However, someone who wants it for re-eneacting and/or a serious costume will want riveted mail since that was historically the most commonly used form, esp. in Europe.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back