Face Off life casts

Fxguy1

Who does the life casts for Face Off? I was looking at them tonight and while it’s a straight face cast only, it’s pretty thick and tall.

How do they go about getting the wall up so high past where the ears would be? Maybe molding the back and then setting that into the face cast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's a corrected positive. traditionally they take the casting, and build clay up behind it so it drafts out with no undercuts, then they make a new mold and run new heads. not sure what the turnaround time is, but they might also make the casting, then soak the casting in water and add hydrocal to the back. there are a few ways to do it.

Thanks! The more I thought about it and looked at it I couldn’t fathom doing it with just one negative and one pull. What’s the reasoning behind it and not just using a full head cast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well it depends on what they are sculpting. for a full head sculpture you would use a full head lifecast. However if you are only doing the front facial apliance, you only need the front half. and in the back of the casting there is a handle for when you need to pull the molds apart. just makes life easier, and you are not using as much space in your oven. there are a lot of reasons.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back