Thor: Ragnarok (Post-release)

See, maybe thats what my problem is, how the hell did Loki exile Odin? I didnt think he had the power to do that. I know that Odin is vulnerable in the Odinsleep, but still. Next time I see it Ill look out for it.

That was something I was looking for an answer to as well when I rewatched it. They never really explained how Loki kicked Odin out. I can only recall Odin telling Loki "it took me a while to break out of your spell". Which, as you said, I think is not probable since Odin's supposed to be way more powerful than Loki.

Can't Dr Strange just reverse his missing eye? He did a tiny apple, so why not a face?

Don't get me started on how OP Dr Strange is. I don't see has someone without magic would stand a chance against him...

I thoroughly enjoyed it, I think I would classify it as one of the most re-watchable MCU films. I'll have to watch it again without spending so much effort looking for easter eggs (BRB specifically),

Anyone notice the Beta Ray Bill easter egg in the tower? I thought that was rad.

So IMDb says
The Grandmaster's tower features statues of his champions, who are:
  • the Greek god Ares
  • the alien being Beta Ray Bil
  • the supernatural entity Man-Thing
  • the android monster the Bi-Beast.

thor-1011815.png

Later in the movie, after Thor sees through Heimdall's eyes, they show the tower again. Looks like Hulk replaced Man-Thing on the top.
Is that definitely Ares though? I thought it was Magneto.

tower.jpg

I absolutely loved it. I think it’s awesome how the Asgardians are basically Battlestar Galactica on their way to find earth. I also dig Thor’s new look

So IMDb says
[/LIST]

View attachment 771075

Later in the movie, after Thor sees through Heimdall's eyes, they show the tower again. Looks like Hulk replaced Man-Thing on the top.
Is that definitely Ares though? I thought it was Magneto.

View attachment 771074

When we first see the tower in the movie I think there was nothing at the top, only a chin was under construction (correct me if I'm wrong). The second time we see it, the Hulk's face almost finished

Taking into consideration that I generally only see 2-3 movies in theater per year, but this year I've already seen rogue one, gotg vol. 2, Spider-Man Homecoming (twice), and I plan to see murder on the orient express and the last jedi. Is this worth spending that much more money for the ticket, or should I just wait?

Taking into consideration that I generally only see 2-3 movies in theater per year, but this year I've already seen rogue one, gotg vol. 2, Spider-Man Homecoming (twice), and I plan to see murder on the orient express and the last jedi. Is this worth spending that much more money for the ticket, or should I just wait?

This is by far my favorite Marvel movie. Its a perfect blend or action and comedy.

I liked this movie a lot and left the theatre laughing. Great picture! BTW, did anybody notice the Cylon-esque helmet on one of the goons when Thor breaks out? :)

Movie is pretty good! I'd say most entertaining Thor film, but I wouldn't go as far as movie reviewers saying "BEST MCU MOVIE EVERR!" The humor goes over the top a few times, BUT the action overshadowed the humor for me, and good lord I love that music!

Loki seemed underused, like they considered him as just an attachment to Thor because he is and gave him a small redemption then he tosses it away (again) when he swipes the tesseract. The whole Odin appearing for a minute seemed forced to push the plot, we never had an explanation of what exactly happened, because we see it all from Thor's point of view. And Hela seemed like a forced villain to me, a modified MCU cookie cutter villain: similar powers to the hero wanting to take the hero's place for domination, aaaand dies trying. I just hope we do see some MCU villains come back in IW, I'm bored to death seeing bad guys try to take over once and die!

Overall, I liked the film and would see it again, Valkyrie needs some spotlight in the future!!

One thing I realized from the mid-credits scene. I presume that the ship that blocks the Asgardians' is Thanos' ship right? It doesn't look like they just accidentally stumbled into it, it's like they were intentionally blocking its path. But why? Is Thanos coming for Loki? Or Heimdall because he might have the last Infinity Stone?

I didn't notice Loki pausing to stare at the Tesseract the first time I watched the movie, but he definitely took it (like CutThumb mentioned) and used it. There was no way for him to get to the ship in seconds before Surtur was fully reborn.

Last edited by a moderator:

I liked it way more than GotGv2. I think it was probably as good if not slightly better than Spider-Man Homecoming too.

This movie is a rarity in that it's at least as good as the previous two. It's weird because I generally don't have very high expectations for the Thor movies but they always manage to knock it out of the park.

Great movie. A lot more humor than I was suspecting, but I loved it.

I recognized Matt Damon as the stage Loki, but missed that Thor was played by Luke Hemsworth, and Odin was Sam Neill.

This was the usual Marvel faire— villain with a singular goal to rule/win with simplistic motivation, crazy visual spectacle, humor, fair mount of heart, 3rd act 95%cgi climax... and a cast you love so much you forgive it all for being the same thing we’ve seen a hundred times.

My favorite thing— a full on Kirby scifi production design based film. :love

Took the kids this weekend, actually saw it twice.

Laughed so hard I cried several times. Favorite little moment was Hulk/Thor after battle discussion where hulk goes "hummpf" like a immature child.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Took the kids this weekend, actually saw it twice.

Laughed so hard I cried several times. Favorite little moment was Hulk/Thor after battle discussion where hulk goes "hummpf" like a immature child.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back