Thor: Ragnarok (Post-release)

I started the commentary before I had to return the rental, and I hope it got better after the first couple of minutes. Jokes are jokes, but I want to know what I'm hearing is factual, not someone kidding around.

I realize "Asgard is not a place, it's a people" Yeah, I get all that, but is Asgard just one city or is it the planet itself? That city is HUGE! What is the population there? Even at the end when they showed all the people on the ship it only looked like a few thousand people. You would think a city that size would have millions of citizens. It would have taken days to get all the population on that one ship. Especially all being bottle necked on the Rainbow Bridge. Did they only get some of them? Did the rest die?

That's why I thought Cap got it to move. I don't think nationalism has anything to do with it though because Thor is pretty fond of Asgard! I don't know how Hela could use it though because I doubt the God of Death is pure of heart, good, etc.

My thought has always been that Steve could've picked up Mjolnir no problem, & that once HE realized it during his "attempt" at the party, he just pretended he couldn't. I felt like he just wouldn't have wanted the attention/speculation about what made him so special ("Nuthin'. I'm just a kid from Brooklyn."). That, & the enchantment reads as an all-or-nothing statement. If one IS worthy, they CAN wield the hammer. It doesn't have an addendum, that if you're a heckuva nice guy, you can scootch it across the table a little bit. *shrugs*

OT: After watching it, I found myself wishing there had been a little less humor, BUT during the film I was laughing so hard at some parts that I was missing stuff, so I can't truthfully "complain" about humor that worked so well. Two of the absolute HIGHLIGHT characters for me, were the Grandmaster (which was full-on atomic Goldblum), & Korg (Waititi's dialogue delivery was gold, Jerry. GOLD).

I was a bit surprised that they killed Volstagg and Fandril off in a blink and you'll miss it, Admiral Ackbar sort of way. Granted, the Warriors Three weren't essential, but if they had to go, they deserved a better death that that. Hogun, at least, went down fighting.

I wonder if Sif will ever be seen again.

And this is more of a IW question, but what happened to Valkyrie? I don't recall seeing her among the corpses on the ship.

Sif was confirmed to have been killed off-screen sometime between her last appearance and IW.

As for Valkyrie...
Valkyrie was confirmed to have been on the other half of the ship, but I don't know if it was confirmed she survived the snap or not

Sif was confirmed to have been killed off-screen sometime between her last appearance and IW.

As for Valkyrie...
Valkyrie was confirmed to have been on the other half of the ship, but I don't know if it was confirmed she survived the snap or not

I believe that the director of Thor: Ragnarok had confirmed that Valkyrie did survive the events of IW, I don't recall how but he said that she did. I think that he said something to the effect that she was in charge of seeing a bunch of the Asgardians to safety before Thanos had boarded.

I believe that the director of Thor: Ragnarok had confirmed that Valkyrie did survive the events of IW, I don't recall how but he said that she did. I think that he said something to the effect that she was in charge of seeing a bunch of the Asgardians to safety before Thanos had boarded.

Yeah, that was what I was referencing. But it was just that she was with the other half of the Asgardians, nothing regarding the end of the movie.

aww ... I liked Sif. She didn't have the swagger of Valkyrie but she was still effortlessly badass without acting like she was making a social statement out of it. (I think she would have been a more intimidating WW than Gal Gadot - not to take away from Gadot but Alexander has better bone structure, stature and just has a more noble, powerful presence.) Surely the universe is large enough for both a Sif and Valkyrie - I mean, it's not as if their roles are defined by their potential chemistry with Thor, are they?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back