Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Subscribe
    Nov 4, 2017, 7:34 AM - Re: Thor: Ragnarok (Post-release) #26

Father said: View Post
    So IMDb says[/LIST]

Attachment 771075

Later in the movie, after Thor sees through Heimdall's eyes, they show the tower again. Looks like Hulk replaced Man-Thing on the top.
    Is that definitely Ares though? I thought it was Magneto.

Attachment 771074
    When we first see the tower in the movie I think there was nothing at the top, only a chin was under construction (correct me if I'm wrong). The second time we see it, the Hulk's face almost finished
    Nov 4, 2017, 12:16 PM - Re: Thor: Ragnarok (Post-release) #27

Taking into consideration that I generally only see 2-3 movies in theater per year, but this year I've already seen rogue one, gotg vol. 2, Spider-Man Homecoming (twice), and I plan to see murder on the orient express and the last jedi. Is this worth spending that much more money for the ticket, or should I just wait?
  3. Coldhands RPF Premium Member Sundowner's Avatar
    From
    Midwest
    Nov 4, 2017, 2:26 PM - Re: Thor: Ragnarok (Post-release) #28

doctorDWwho said: View Post
    Taking into consideration that I generally only see 2-3 movies in theater per year, but this year I've already seen rogue one, gotg vol. 2, Spider-Man Homecoming (twice), and I plan to see murder on the orient express and the last jedi. Is this worth spending that much more money for the ticket, or should I just wait?
    This is by far my favorite Marvel movie. Its a perfect blend or action and comedy.
  4. Member Since
    Dec 2014
    From
    Vreden
    Nov 4, 2017, 2:58 PM - Re: Thor: Ragnarok (Post-release) #29

I liked this movie a lot and left the theatre laughing. Great picture! BTW, did anybody notice the Cylon-esque helmet on one of the goons when Thor breaks out?
    Nov 4, 2017, 11:18 PM - Re: Thor: Ragnarok (Post-release) #30

Movie is pretty good! I'd say most entertaining Thor film, but I wouldn't go as far as movie reviewers saying "BEST MCU MOVIE EVERR!" The humor goes over the top a few times, BUT the action overshadowed the humor for me, and good lord I love that music!

Loki seemed underused, like they considered him as just an attachment to Thor because he is and gave him a small redemption then he tosses it away (again) when he swipes the tesseract. The whole Odin appearing for a minute seemed forced to push the plot, we never had an explanation of what exactly happened, because we see it all from Thor's point of view. And Hela seemed like a forced villain to me, a modified MCU cookie cutter villain: similar powers to the hero wanting to take the hero's place for domination, aaaand dies trying. I just hope we do see some MCU villains come back in IW, I'm bored to death seeing bad guys try to take over once and die!

Overall, I liked the film and would see it again, Valkyrie needs some spotlight in the future!!
    Nov 5, 2017, 8:37 AM - Re: Thor: Ragnarok (Post-release) #31

matthewdelacruz said: View Post
    One thing I realized from the mid-credits scene. I presume that the ship that blocks the Asgardians' is Thanos' ship right? It doesn't look like they just accidentally stumbled into it, it's like they were intentionally blocking its path. But why? Is Thanos coming for Loki? Or Heimdall because he might have the last Infinity Stone?
    I didn't notice Loki pausing to stare at the Tesseract the first time I watched the movie, but he definitely took it (like @CutThumb mentioned) and used it. There was no way for him to get to the ship in seconds before Surtur was fully reborn.
    From
    Palo Alto, CA
    Nov 5, 2017, 10:26 AM - Re: Thor: Ragnarok (Post-release) #32

I fell in love with Tessa Thompson.
    Sure enough that girl owns the screen with everything from her swagger down to her smirk.
    Last edited by dascoyne; Nov 5, 2017 at 11:41 AM.
    From
    Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
    Nov 5, 2017, 2:39 PM - Re: Thor: Ragnarok (Post-release) #33

I liked it way more than GotGv2. I think it was probably as good if not slightly better than Spider-Man Homecoming too.

This movie is a rarity in that it's at least as good as the previous two. It's weird because I generally don't have very high expectations for the Thor movies but they always manage to knock it out of the park.
    From
    Irvine California
    Nov 5, 2017, 5:20 PM - Re: Thor: Ragnarok (Post-release) #34

loved the crap outta this one.
    Nov 5, 2017, 11:23 PM - Re: Thor: Ragnarok (Post-release) #35

Great movie. A lot more humor than I was suspecting, but I loved it.

I recognized Matt Damon as the stage Loki, but missed that Thor was played by Luke Hemsworth, and Odin was Sam Neill.
    From
    Los Angeles
    Nov 6, 2017, 1:14 AM - Re: Thor: Ragnarok (Post-release) #36

This was the usual Marvel faire— villain with a singular goal to rule/win with simplistic motivation, crazy visual spectacle, humor, fair mount of heart, 3rd act 95%cgi climax... and a cast you love so much you forgive it all for being the same thing we’ve seen a hundred times.

My favorite thing— a full on Kirby scifi production design based film.
    Nov 6, 2017, 9:34 AM - Re: Thor: Ragnarok (Post-release) #37

Took the kids this weekend, actually saw it twice.

Laughed so hard I cried several times. Favorite little moment was Hulk/Thor after battle discussion where hulk goes "hummpf" like a immature child.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  13. RPF Premium Member karmajay's Avatar
    From
    Wendell, NC
    Nov 6, 2017, 9:41 AM - Re: Thor: Ragnarok (Post-release) #38

Really enjoyed it. Good action and humor.
    Nov 6, 2017, 10:45 AM - Re: Thor: Ragnarok (Post-release) #39

Took the kids this weekend, actually saw it twice.

Laughed so hard I cried several times. Favorite little moment was Hulk/Thor after battle discussion where hulk goes "hummpf" like a immature child.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    From
    Orlando, FL
    Nov 6, 2017, 11:15 AM - Re: Thor: Ragnarok (Post-release) #40

Laughed out loud when Thor tells the story of Loki impersonating a snake when they were children.

Overall liked it more than GOTG2 and Homecoming
    From
    Walnut, CA
    Nov 6, 2017, 12:46 PM - Re: Thor: Ragnarok (Post-release) #41

In my opinion, it's totally worth going to see. For me, it's right up there with the first Guardians of the Galaxy as one of the best and most entertaining movies in the MCU so far. Lots of humor in but it never felt out of place and the Hemsworth-Hiddleston chemistry really shined, those two really work well together and this movie really showed it.

Personally, I liked this movie far better than the previous 2 Thor movies, they were always my least favorite of the MCU movies but this one really outshines its predecessors. It was a lot more fun than the previous 2 and Jeff Goldblum and Cate Blanchett practically stole the movie. Jeff Goldblum was perfect as the Grand Master, his quirkiness was out in full glory and used to its best in this movie, arguably one of his best roles ever and I'd love to see him onscreen with Benecio Del Toro as the Collector. Cate Blanchett looked like she was really into her role as Hela and was practically chewing up the scenery in some scenes. She most definitely was not phoning it in playing Hela.
  17. Member Since
    May 2010
    From
    San Diego, Ca
    Nov 6, 2017, 3:26 PM - Re: Thor: Ragnarok (Post-release) #42

I'm confused. Where's Lady Sif?
    Nov 6, 2017, 4:58 PM - Re: Thor: Ragnarok (Post-release) #43

TKRalph said: View Post
    IRL explanation: the actress was busy shooting a tv show
    In-Universe explanation: ......
    From
    Palo Alto, CA
    Nov 6, 2017, 5:20 PM - Re: Thor: Ragnarok (Post-release) #44

TKRalph said: View Post
    Hanging out with Jane?
  20. Member Since
    Oct 2014
    From
    WA state
    Nov 7, 2017, 12:47 AM - Re: Thor: Ragnarok (Post-release) #45

I cannot believe how great this movie was. The action was very dynamic at times, a lot of interesting shots. Use of Mjolnir was really well-done. I kind of want him to have it back because it looked so great.

The occasional line just did not seem natural for the character due to the improv.

I could not stop laughing during the chair scene. Possibly my favorite thing in the whole movie. Great homage. Hela explaining Odin's gauntlet was good too.

Overall, I like this movie. ANOTHER!!!
    From
    Somewhere on the Salish Sea
    Nov 7, 2017, 1:12 AM - Re: Thor: Ragnarok (Post-release) #46

"Where was Lady Sif?" I like the Kevin Feige's snarky comment that she's there -- for about a second in the "Tragedy of Loki" play. Really, though. We see her on her own in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I imagine Loki's kept her off doing errands, much the same as Thor, to keep them both from realizing Odin isn't Odin. I'm hoping this actually comes into play later on and she isnt' just killed off-screen retroactively when Hela shows up or Surtur demolishes Asgard.

Speaking of. OMG Surtur. I love Clancy Brown so much. Even though he was a voice actor here, I'm hoping he and Jeff still got to at least say hi. I think it's the first film they've been in together since Buckaroo Banzai.

Also, how has no one mentioned the Willy Wonka music playing when Thor is dragged through the Sakaar orientation film?

--Jonah
  22. Member Since
    Jun 2008
    From
    Northern England,UK
    Nov 7, 2017, 3:20 AM - Re: Thor: Ragnarok (Post-release) #47

Inquisitor Peregrinus said: View Post
    "Where was Lady Sif?" I like the Kevin Feige's snarky comment that she's there -- for about a second in the "Tragedy of Loki" play. Really, though. We see her on her own in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I imagine Loki's kept her off doing errands, much the same as Thor, to keep them both from realizing Odin isn't Odin. I'm hoping this actually comes into play later on and she isnt' just killed off-screen retroactively when Hela shows up or Surtur demolishes Asgard.

Speaking of. OMG Surtur. I love Clancy Brown so much. Even though he was a voice actor here, I'm hoping he and Jeff still got to at least say hi. I think it's the first film they've been in together since Buckaroo Banzai.

Also, how has no one mentioned the Willy Wonka music playing when Thor is dragged through the Sakaar orientation film?

--Jonah
    Read my review.
    Nov 7, 2017, 1:57 PM - Re: Thor: Ragnarok (Post-release) #48

Inquisitor Peregrinus, I forgot to add, the Wonka song amped up the creepyness of that scene tenfold
  24. Member Since
    Oct 2014
    From
    WA state
    4 Weeks Ago  Nov 7, 2017, 3:32 PM - Re: Thor: Ragnarok (Post-release) #49

Inquisitor Peregrinus said: View Post

--Jonah
    I'm referring to that scene in the post above yours. I left out 'Wonka' because I think that is so funny and surprising that I didn't want to spoil it, even in a post-release topic.
  25. RPF Premium Member niennumb1's Avatar
    From
    WA State
    4 Weeks Ago  Nov 9, 2017, 2:16 AM - Re: Thor: Ragnarok (Post-release) #50

I definitely enjoyed it far more than GoTG2.

For me I laughed so hard at Banner's fall from the sky and hitting the bridge before transforming. This movie was in pretty rare form to have a flow this good with some really great action and comedy. Thor's character development has been wonderful being the stiff and Shakespearean serious gladiator he used to be, to now have adapted to the Earth life and being far more cool and loose.... This is what it's all about is taking the time to really build and come to understand and grow with these characters. It makes it so easy to get into all of these films because of how well established these characters now are to where you don't need to take a whole lot of time to explain things. We just know them now and it's great.

I still can't believe Hela is Cate Blanchett. This was quite a big departure from roles I've seen her in before and she played a perfect bad-*** gal and was a surprise cool villain.