Fleabay Deckard Trench - any decent options?

Timmythekid

Sr Member
Been circling around a Deckard trench coat for years, and with the new film, there seems to be a couple of new options for original Deckard trenches on the 'bay. Has anyone actually picked one of these up? Ultimately, looking for something that might suffice for semi-regular wear, and would want to water-proof it, beyond cosplay, but on a budget that doesn't allow a Magnoli.

I picked up one of the el cheapo ones a few years ago. Sizing was hit and miss. While it was right in the shoulders and chest, the sleeves were ridiculously short, ending just above my wrists so that if I lifted my arm up a bit the cuff went up to mid forearm. The way the lapel interior was sewn would cause it to drape oddly when it was worn open. The collar was easily the worst part. Not only was it way too small but they stitched it with some kind of rough thread that made it uncomfortable around the neck. Putting it next to my Abbyshot version 1 the collar comes up to my chin when its buttoned over, where the Abbyshot one comes up as it does in the movie. Overall the fabric was a decent cotton, and a shade that did a pretty good match for the color in the film. Definitely not waterproof by any means.

Comparing it to the one offered by Magnoli, it looked to me like they straight knocked off his coat. As for waterproofing it there's a series of seams at the shoulders that would be very hard to get wax into (if that's the route you're going for waterproofing) and that would be where the water would get in. If you're good at sewing or know someone who is, you could probably modify the collar and that would go a long way towards making it look better.

Anyone have any current suggestions for this? I was going to go with USAJackets as their photos looked accurate and it’s actually seemed to have some wool in it while a lot of versions on eBay just have flimsy cotton. But then USAJacket claimed to guarantee delivery before Halloween and then screwed me, so looking for somewhere else to try to get sometime in November.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back