Captain rex phase II helmet

Najitz

I’m working on a captain rex phase II helmet. With pepakura and fiberglass. I’m wondering what the best is to make it wearable. Because the underside of the helmet isn’t big enough for my head but the helmet itself is big enough for it so what do? Do I sand the opening to make it bigger but, I think that will sacrifice the look of the air tubes or, do I somehow make it detach on the back to close my head into the helmet with magnets or something but, I’m pretty sure those seems would be visible ?

Attachments

• IMG_0229.JPG
    IMG_0229.JPG
    229.5 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0228.JPG
    IMG_0228.JPG
    188.2 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0226.JPG
    IMG_0226.JPG
    252.1 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_0250.JPG
    IMG_0250.JPG
    336.1 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0264.JPG
    IMG_0264.JPG
    611.3 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0227.JPG
    IMG_0227.JPG
    265.6 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0239.JPG
    IMG_0239.JPG
    421.3 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Try checking out the EVO3 bucket. He sells Ph2 helmets that have a wide enough opening, you can get some ideas from his youtube video. Also, there are tutorials on how to cut away the front panel/face of the helmet along the corners/seams that would essentially hide the cut lines.

Good luck!

To find how large to make the neck opening, it has helped me to use an oval template. I first cut a hole in cardboard that was just so large that my head fit through. Then I made a template that fit into that out of a scrap piece of foam.

I think EVO3's animated helmets are made in one piece with a large enough neck opening. OSCS animated helmets are two-piece.

I hope you have not glassed it yet. If you do cut or use dremel sanding drum on fibreglass, make sure to take precautions so that you won't get fibreglass dust anywhere that you can inhale: wear mask, protective clothing, etc.

Try checking out the EVO3 bucket. He sells Ph2 helmets that have a wide enough opening, you can get some ideas from his youtube video. Also, there are tutorials on how to cut away the front panel/face of the helmet along the corners/seams that would essentially hide the cut lines.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice but, could you please send me a link to onenof the videos because I can’t seem to find a good one

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back