Stormtrooper Squad Leader 1:6 scale

Hemble

Hi All,

Just completed this one last night.

Recipe

Trooper - is from Bandai and is 1:6 scale, I built it straight out of the box and was weathered using Vallejo and Army Painter paints and Pastel Chalks.

The rifle was given a sling made using a strip og leather and o-rings and a buckle and clip from some 1:6 parts I had in my bits box.

The pauldron and ammo pouch are from a Sideshow Toys Sandtrooper and the right hand holding the E-11 is also from the Sideshow Sandtooper and I removed the armour plating and swapped it out for Bandai one that came with the kit.

Ron

Attachments

• sl1.JPG
    sl1.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 266
  • sl2.JPG
    sl2.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 235
  • sl3.JPG
    sl3.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 231
  • sl4.JPG
    sl4.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 190
  • sl5.JPG
    sl5.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 202
  • sl6.JPG
    sl6.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 210
  • sl8.JPG
    sl8.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 206
  • sl9.JPG
    sl9.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 204
  • sl10.JPG
    sl10.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 226
  • sl11.JPG
    sl11.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 236
G’day Ron ,

Mate , it could be just me , but the helmet on that trooper ( in some photos ) look too large for that frame :confused .
Otherwise nice mods and weathering .

:cheersGed

Excellent build!

Like what gedmac66 said, Bandai's large Trooper has a ridiculously out of scale head. Not your fault, but it always put me off to this kit too. Your paint work and execution are great though. ;)

Chris

Wow, never noticed the head before. I guess the pauldron and pouch kind of emphasize the oversized helmet

Regardless of helmet size though, Great work on it on the kit

G’day Ron ,

Mate , it could be just me , but the helmet on that trooper ( in some photos ) look too large for that frame :confused .
Otherwise nice mods and weathering .

:cheersGed

Hey Ged, yeah the helmet is actually a tad big even without the pauldron/ammo pouch but they do make it look a lot bigger and thanks mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent build!

Like what gedmac66 said, Bandai's large Trooper has a ridiculously out of scale head. Not your fault, but it always put me off to this kit too. Your paint work and execution are great though. ;)

Chris

Cheers Chris and it is a shame that they have it this way but hopefully they will go back and redo the helmet again.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, never noticed the head before. I guess the pauldron and pouch kind of emphasize the oversized helmet

Regardless of helmet size though, Great work on it on the kit

Thanks blakeh1 and I have been thinking of getting more of the 1/6 Bandai troopers and buying Sideshow trooper helmets separate and adding them to the body and this will still be heaps cheaper then getting a Sideshow or Hottoys version.

Ron

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back