StarCraft BattleCruiser (Scratchbuilt) FINISHED - Now with a ton of pics.

Re: StarCraft BattleCruiser (Scratchbuilt)

Got most of the top of the wing done. Pretty much went as it is in game with this side.

BC216.jpg

Etched in some panel lines.

BC217.jpg

I'm going to be making decals from the logo of Raynor's Raiders, which was only talked about in the first Star Craft, but for part 2 they made up the logo. So I photoshopped this in real quick as the idea. There will also be one on the bottom side of each wing, as well as a spot on the head, and maybe any other area that looks good. The logo isn't in the game itself, but would probably be if a real world ship.

BC215.jpg

Been busy, but got some more done.

Glued on the 3 boxes on each side.
BC218.jpg

Did more around the wings and a bunch here on the backsides.

BC219.jpg

BC220.jpg

These updates make me want to start my own so bad, but it isn't in the cards. Please keep up the good work!

These updates make me want to start my own so bad, but it isn't in the cards. Please keep up the good work!
Thanks. I've been adding little details here and there over these last few days. I was going to add these later, but I have a few min before I leave for work. So.....

Added a bit more plating around the edges. If you look closely, you can see a small orange dot on the back part of the wing. Keep getting these all over the model, couldn't figure out what it was. Well, our house has had flies flying around, driving me crazy. It occurred to me, and after looking it up, I was right.....fly poop. Ewwww...... We have fly traps around the house now. Hope they work.
BC221.jpg

Filled in a bunch of the gaps with apoxie.

BC222.jpg

Remembered that the bottom sides of the head hadn't been done, now they are.

BC223.jpg

One thing I hate, is that I can be so very clumsy. When moving around, I kept breaking off parts, namely, these parts. I'd either pop one of the pieces thats meant to hold cable down, or break off one of the whole entire arms. So I added the yellow colored part on each side to help strengthen it a bit. Will probably try and add even more.
You can see the 3 boxes are also missing, knocked those off as well. But, I realized, where the red lines are, there are suppose to be square rods there, which I totally forgot to add on this side, other side there are there.
Then theres the pink colored parts, added two round rods on each of the 16 pieces for added strength.

BC224.jpg

Here I added parts between the 6 boxes, where each side has 1 through 4. Tried to get them straight as I could, wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.

BC225.jpg

Added the green parts, which ended up taking way longer then it should have between the two sides.

BC226.jpg

This is just some of the stuff I've added.

I really dig that underside hammerhead detailing, especially the battleship turret. It just works.

I really dig that underside hammerhead detailing, especially the battleship turret. It just works.
Yeah, I had a bunch from different kits, but I liked that one and throught it would look good underneath. I thought the 6 barrels sticking out felt more sci fi.

More.
So I wanted to add some guns on the side of the head. Wasn't sure how I would make it, but finally looked at my random model parts and came up with this.
The green part is from a tank, which is the extra gas canisters, which I cut off the top part. Then the gray piece at the ends are a tiny part of the tank treads I cut up. Then I cut off the barrels from some boat guns. Worked perfectly.

BC227.jpg

Glued in.

BC228.jpg

Both sides.

BC229.jpg

Got the from of the wing finished. Just a little more detail was added.

BC230.jpg

And added some more to the 3 boxes on each side as it looked a bit too bare, even if most of it will be covered.

BC231.jpg

About to the point where I've done all the detailing, then primer. Sanding, and more primer.

I love the detailing around the gun port.
I want to see the overall pics at this moment.

katsu
More over all pics.

First I got these guys finished. Scribing on a rounded surface is pretty hard actually.
BC232.jpg

Heres a bunch of pics of where I'm at for now.

BC235.jpg

Down the neck, you can see dark plastic pattern strips. The bottom one all the way down and and top only half way. Well, when I bought the pack, which had 2 pieces, wasn't even sure what I'd do with them. Once I did, I needed 2 more packs. But, found out the company is going bankrupt and its going to be hard to get the rest now.

BC234.jpg

BC233.jpg

BC237.jpg

BC238.jpg

BC236.jpg

Heres my little messy 8x10 room. Starting to save boxes and packing material for my big move in September.

room.jpg

And the other side. I sure hope I can get this all packed into a small car.
room2.jpg

Thanks for the good pictures!
Now I had the strong feeling that this will be A model.

You got a very clean work space.
Mine's like a mess hall after big earthquake.

About time. I've been waiting for some parts to come in, didn't think it would ever happen. Apparently the hobby shop was having trouble with the distributor getting plastruct pieces. A few months back, I saw this truss part and got one thinking it might look good somewhere. Being over $6, I only got one. Well, when I found where I wanted to add it, I realized I would need two more packs. So I glued on what I had, but when I went back to the hobby shop, they were out. So a week or so later, I went back again....nothing. I asked about it and found that they were having a hard time getting those parts. So now about 4 weeks later, and after putting them on order, they came in. Had I known that, I wouldn't have used this part....but it does look good.
piece.jpg

So here it is down the neck.
BC239.jpg

And top view.
BC240.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back