StarCraft BattleCruiser (Scratchbuilt) FINISHED - Now with a ton of pics.

Little bit more painted.
So the arms underneath all this detail I went with darker gray. Then, as it mostly looks in game, the long parts I used a tanish goldish color. It was quite the challenge to mask off the parts I didn't want sprayed. Once I spay as much as I can, then I'll go in with acrylics and touch up stuff and then weather it up a bit.
BC259.jpg

Of course the 3 gray squares will be blue. The long golden arm, as I'll call it now, will have some other gray shades and whatever else in it as well.
BC260.jpg

BC261.jpg

BC262.jpg

Those metallics look great
Yeah, I do like them. I'm trying to go with a bit different grayish look for the front, but just having a really hard time finding that right prefect gray. I've gone to 5 different stores and just can't find anything, or its something that looks good, but is gloss. Maybe I should try to find another type of silver chrome look, but different than what I have now. The only way to know for sure would be to actually spray it in the store, and most places lock them up now......hmmmm........

Nice to see you recovered. Instead I got heat shocked.
Here we got 104F and 80% humidity all through the day every day.

Your model will be great whatever color you paint.
Did you try car splay? Many tones of gray is available and reasonable price.
Glossy? Splay matte clear.
Anyway, mix black and silver makes any metallick gray.

Nice to see you recovered. Instead I got heat shocked.
Here we got 104F and 80% humidity all through the day every day.

Your model will be great whatever color you paint.
Did you try car splay? Many tones of gray is available and reasonable price.
Glossy? Splay matte clear.
Anyway, mix black and silver makes any metallick gray.

Yeah, finally better, but took like 2 weeks to get through it. Hope you are ok, this heat can be deadly. Its been around 90 to 94 with 80+ percent humidity here. But with the heat index, they say it feels like its around 105. I was getting a bit overheated today and had to pour cold water over my head, really helps.

As for the paint, I think I'll try different types of metallic silver/gray, as long as it looks different from each other.

Went to Walmart to check out the paint. A guy let me do a few quick tests on some thin styrene I brought in with the mirror silver already painted on it. I ended up settling with a nickle color. That along with the other colors and weathering should look pretty good.

Heres the top painted with it with the dark gray.
It does shine a bit, but still not like complete gloss.
BC266.jpg

A few different angles.
BC267.jpg

BC268.jpg

And a shot without the flash on, it just comes out a bit blurry.
BC269.jpg

Seems that way... :(
Too bad. But, while its unfortunate a good member gets banned for something like that, I'm still glad the mods are actually doing something to keep the peace. More websites need better mods on them.

Anyways, I'll be posting more pics here in a little bit, soon as I get a little more painted.

Here you can see a bunch more I've painted, but mostly what stands out now is the blue. On the wing, it looks a bit lighter than the rest, must not have sprayed enough paint. Also, in the pics you can see where I taped it all off, some blue paint got through in some areas, so I'll have to touch up those spots.
There is one more area under the wing that I want to paint blue, and since you never see that in game, I got to do it in my own way. So after I fix up a few parts and get all the spray paint parts done, then I'll start the parts that I'll be hand painting.

BC273.jpg

BC274.jpg

BC275.jpg

BC276.jpg

BC277.jpg

Just a quick no pic update.
Finally got all the spray paint parts done. After taping up a section and spraying it, I'd take the cover off to find an area got some over spray on it, so I'd have to then fix that. A lot of annoying fixes that I just couldn't seem to avoid. Also, the bright blue on the wing, compared to the rest of the blue was bugging me, so I resprayed that and it looks much better now.
So now comes the rest of the painting by hand. Once I get it going enough, I'll post some pictures.

Been getting parts painted, still have so much more to do.

I really wanted the overall look, but still give it some color variations. Some of it ended up looking a bit too close to the primer, but what can you do. While normally a model would be all flat paint, I figure for one, its not a filming model, and two, probably more realistic to have some shine in places. I had bought my girlfriend like $50 dollars worth (and it was on sale) of acrylic paint for Christmas. So now 8 months later, don't remember what I colors I got. Found this metallic pearl white. Kinda interesting.
BC278.jpg

The bottom is never shown in game, so I had some fun with it. Decided a nice place to put the blue color here on the bottom wing. The long arm part, the spray paint over srayed way more than I realized, so since I took the pic, I brushed on some goldish color. Looks like some areas can be more weathered that others to help fix some issues, and should make it look good anyways.
BC279.jpg

Been working on the neck today. Added a few different darker grays down the neck, and then thought it would be kinda cool to add the different squares of grays I have as well as mixing some of the colors. Using blue tape for such a small area isn't the most easy thing to do.

Here is the right side.
BC280.jpg

And left.
BC281.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back