StarCraft BattleCruiser (Scratchbuilt) FINISHED - Now with a ton of pics.

Re: StarCraft BattleCruiser (Scratchbuilt)

Decided I better get some more work done.

So after going over everything, added a but more detail to the head, I decided to glue on these long parts to the wings.....whatever there suppose to be called.
BC241.jpg

One of them is just a tad crooked, but not too noticeable.

BC242.jpg

BC243.jpg

I'm happy with how they all lined up actually, since I made the most all this stuff months ago.

BC244.jpg

Here it is with the light on and the thrusters also glued in.
BC249.JPG

Light from the bottom ones.
BC246.jpg

And with no light on in the room with light hitting the base.
BC247.jpg

And only the camera flash for light.
BC248.jpg

I still need to work on the top piece as well as the base, but as for the main model, just want to tweak up a few things, and ready for primer. Whoo hoo.

Re: StarCraft BattleCruiser (Scratchbuilt)

First wave of primer, which I didn't think I'd get to applie, as its been raining all afternoon. But after stopping, it was dry enough on the porch to get 3 quick coats on before it got too dark. So theres still a ton of little areas that need primer, but still wanted to post what I have for now.

BC250.JPG

BC251.JPG

BC252.JPG

Re: StarCraft BattleCruiser (Scratchbuilt) STOP! Primer Time...

Congrats for the first successful primer!
The third pic is marvelous.
I know you are going to add some more detailing parts and then paint and weathering.
That's is one of the joy ride of model building and you've earned it.
How about the paint scheme? Do you have an idea?

I'm struggling on the new PC flight simulation these days.
F/A-18 Hornet. Full clickable cockpit switches and dials.
You may take at least 5 minutes to fire up and be ready to taxi to runway.

215460.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I managed to remember how to crank up the engines of this plane but, it's been a several years passed since I did a landing on a aircraft carrier last time.
It took many hours to regain the controlled landing.
I guess it's one of the good way to prevent senile dementia.

I look forward to see your next updates,

katsu

Congrats for the first successful primer!
The third pic is marvelous.
I know you are going to add some more detailing parts and then paint and weathering.
That's is one of the joy ride of model building and you've earned it.
How about the paint scheme? Do you have an idea?

katsu
Thanks. I already primed everything nicely. And now have to sand down some parts and reprime. But now I've been sick all week, so its been slow going.
As for paint, I have some ideas, just not everything yet. Looks like you are having fun flying jets. Have fun, you have earned it.

Oh, are you OK? Please take your time and take good care.

katsu
Yeah, I'll live. This sickness has been hitting me all week, and I've still worked everyday, but I think that has prolonged getting better.
Heres the pictures I took with the phone last week.

BC253.JPGBC254.JPGBC255.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

And, I ended up switching to a lighter primer.

So, between still not feeling so great, guess I have the flu and cold mix. Annoying. But still getting a little bit of work done here.
Been sanding down some rough spots. Also used some apoxie last night to fill in some more parts and got that sanded as well.
In the process on re-scribbing the panel lines to make sure they all look good.
Earlier I went out and bought the paint. Decided on what colors I would need. I had coupons to Joann fabric, so went there. Man the spray paint is expensive. 4 cans came up to almost 40, but had 4 coupons for 50% off. So it was about $20. The mirrored silver and flat were bought a few months ago for some tests.

paint.jpg

While I'll stay close to the games color, I'll change up a few things as well. I actually liked how the silver was covered with the dead flat. One area might have the light gray with only parts having the dead flat for variation.
In the game you can have up to 8 players, so theres a different color per team. I liked the blue the best, and since I'm going with it being part of Raynor's Raiders story wise, his in game story color was blue as well. Worked out. In game it was a brighter blue, but I liked darker better.
As for the HD version that came out last year, it can actually be displayed on a 4k monitor, if the game detects it. I don't even have a 1080p monitor. But I found a 4k youtube video with someone briefly using a battlecruiser. My computer could barely even play the video, but got this pretty good shot from orange team. So hopefully I'll feel better and it will stop raining so I can get this the final priming and then painted. Still need to finish the base.

bcclose2.jpg

So after being sick a whole week and not getting better, finally went to the hospital today. Ended up having walking pneumonia. But just got some medicine, so hopfully I'll be feeling better soon and can get this thing painted.

Take care, my wife was in the hospital for a week with pneumonia. it really can knock you for a loop

Only just caught up with this, excellent work!

Take care of yourself, and get better soon!

:)

Take care, my wife was in the hospital for a week with pneumonia. it really can knock you for a loop
Thanks. Actually stayed in the hospital huh. Thats gotta be rough. Hope she is doing better. I hated being there for just 2 hours with an IV in my arm, which I have never had before, so it was quite weird feeling.

Only just caught up with this, excellent work!

Take care of yourself, and get better soon!

:)
Thanks. Glad you enjoy the build. Starting to feel a bit better. Got 4 more days of taking the medicine, sure hope it can kick it completely.

That antibiotic medicine is working great, feel a million times better already. So I decided to get some painting done. Started with mirrored silver. Working on small areas at a time so I don't get overwhelmed, or sloppy.

Heres its on the end of the wing and 4 thrusters.
BC256.jpg

I had the lights on. I like how you can see the orange glow within.
BC257.jpg

I also sprayed the from of the wings, but then on just the front, sprayed lightly over it with a clear coat to give it a bit different texture.
BC258.jpg

I was doing paint tests, and found the blue to be a bit brighter than the cap shows, but thats ok. But the light gray, not liking it as much, so I think I'll go see if I can find something I like better at another store.

Looking really nice!!!! Soon We'll hear Chris M (I think it was him :p) voice say: BattleCruiser operational.

"Take it slow"...It probably was him, as he did like how many of the voices. Did a good job. I actually liked the sounds and voices better in the original.

Nice to see it in the painting stage

Looking forward to the rest
Thanks. Although I'm thinking I shouldn't have started with the silver, as when you put the blue tape over it, it shows after you peel it off. Oh well, I'll get it all figured out.

I wanted to get more painted tonight, but after getting off work and going out to eat, I started itching really badly all over. Got worse and worse. Got home and found I was covered in rashes and broke out everywhere. Was just soaking in an epson salt bath. I don't know if its these antibiotics or something else that did this. Still itching a bit now. And right after eating, had to stop and get gas, but it was raining like crazy. The only pump I could get to was getting a bit wet. So I get out, grab an umbrella, open it up, handle completely breaks off. So I'm trying to put my card it and hold the umbrella at the same time. The wind was so strong that the the dumb things starts breaking apart even more. At 5 dollars I'm like, forget this, thats enough for now, by which at this point, my shorts are totally soaked and umbrella is about to collapse on me. My girlfriend is like, just throw it away. So to top it all off, I now can't get it to close to fit in the can. The metal arms are all bent in different directions. Forget it, I just left it on top. I'm now soaked and itching like crazy. This sure has been a rough week.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back