StarCraft BattleCruiser (Scratchbuilt) FINISHED - Now with a ton of pics.

Re: StarCraft BattleCruiser (Scratchbuilt)

Looks better and better every post.
Which means you are on a good wave.
I know you b are really enjoying this build and getting much love to your ship.
This ship is promised be launched high up soon.

katsu

Looks better and better every post.
Which means you are on a good wave.
I know you b are really enjoying this build and getting much love to your ship.
This ship is promised be launched high up soon.

katsu
Thanks. Was just working on the main thrusters, but was cutting it inside, which is making too much of a mess. I'll have to try more tomorrow when its light out.

Wow, awesome work! I'm a huge StarCraft fan. I especially like how those wing rocket things turned out. Building my own battlecruiser has always been a pipe dream of mine. I couldn't decide on the brood war version from the cut scenes, or the Hyperion from SC2. Shame that all of those brood war assets were lost in a flood that wiped the hard drives over at Blizzard. Really looking forward to this build!

Wow, awesome work! I'm a huge StarCraft fan. I especially like how those wing rocket things turned out. Building my own battlecruiser has always been a pipe dream of mine. I couldn't decide on the brood war version from the cut scenes, or the Hyperion from SC2. Shame that all of those brood war assets were lost in a flood that wiped the hard drives over at Blizzard. Really looking forward to this build!
Thanks. And yeah, I always loved the battlecruiser. I liked them better in the first game. Probably a bit over powered, but I liked it. They seem to die so much easier in 2. The Hyperion would be a cool build however, but quite a challenge. Also depending if you try and make it exactly alike, or like mine, only base it on the design, which is a bit easier. I already see things I wish I had done differently, but too late now.

So in trying to fix up and make these thrusters better, I first needed to lengthen them.

BC190.jpg

Then I tried to cut out a circle where the old pipe fits in the new one. It didn't go so well.

BC191.jpg

Even when cutting a bit bigger, theres a bit of a gap. I think this new pipe is so very slightly warped. But even using the pipe itself to make a circle, still just doesn't fit correctly. Its kinda weird.

BC192.jpg

So to Home Depot I went to look for anything that could work. Checked out the pipe fittings first, and the very first one I tried actually worked. These tees they had. So I cut the ends off.
BC193.jpg

For a test fitting, it actually turned out really nice and pretty much filled any gaps up.

BC194.jpg

I feel like this looks more like how it should, and now makes the body not seem so big and bulky. I still wish I could have changed it a bit, but you always learn better ways to do stuff after you do it.

BC196.jpg

I really like how the back looks. Its only a dry fit, as I'll have to align all the pieces to match a bit better.

BC195.jpg

So I took the bottle cap that the light itself plugs into and painted it silver. I also primed the inside of the pipe you will see, then painted it orange. Then after that, because I didn't have any gray, I took the gray primer and lightly sprayed down the pipe giving it a faded look.
This is with the camera flash on.
BC197.jpg

Also with camera flash with the light plugged in and on.
BC199.jpg

Without flash and exposure turned all the way up.

BC198.jpg

And a little closer. I actually can see the orange a bit better in the pictures then in person.

BC200.jpg

Just got all the thruster parts put together. Turned out really great. Figure I've put enough pics of them up already. Even though its all together, not going to glue the whole part on yet as I might, and probably will be moving soon, so I'll have a ton of stuff to pack, less pieces attached will fit in a box better I think. I surely don't want to glue the wings on until I know whats going to happen. So I'll keep working on this as much as I can until I get to that point where I will have to wait and see.

Got most of the underside finished.

BC201.jpg

BC202.jpg

And the back.

BC203.jpg

With the thrusters put in. Once I glue them I might see about adding more pipes in some places if it fits.

BC204.jpg

As far as myself moving, it might be towards the end of the summer now, so I think I'll go ahead and work more, and even finish if possible. I also just got a really big box that could actually fit this model, I would just need a bunch of the packing foam peanuts.

Really good looking engine part.
When you attached the engine part to hull, I wanna see the whole picture.

Got this underside part done. The black fan part that things are glued to is actually from one of those car air fresheners that I took apart. The middle is a lens from a cd player, which was either from my old car stereo, or a PS2.

BC205.jpg

Another shot.

BC206.jpg

And added more detail today.

BC207.jpg

The detailing looks good!
Thanks.
You know whats funny. I was looking at the close up pics of the star destroyer model. Now because of working on this model, I can recognize some of the parts they used. Like a gun torrent with the barrels sticking out, but glued on backwards.

Finally got the wings glued in. First I got the detailing underneath them done.

BC208.jpg

I'm happy with how they've turned out and actually look right and symmetrical.

BC209.jpg

BC210.jpg

Now just want to make sure the glue it dry and then I'll have to use some apoxie to fill in some gaps. Then I can start detailing the wings. Its really getting there.

BC211.jpg

Finally got the wings glued in. First I got the detailing underneath them done.

View attachment 815112

I'm happy with how they've turned out and actually look right and symmetrical.

View attachment 815113

View attachment 815114

Now just want to make sure the glue it dry and then I'll have to use some apoxie to fill in some gaps. Then I can start detailing the wings. Its really getting there.

View attachment 815111

Each updates are awesome.
I love the third pic.

Enjoy your build.

katsu

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back