StarCraft BattleCruiser (Scratchbuilt) FINISHED - Now with a ton of pics.

Re: StarCraft BattleCruiser (Scratchbuilt)

I've never seen anyone tackle this ship before, it's been really fun to watch it take shape. That base looks cool.

I've never seen anyone tackle this ship before, it's been really fun to watch it take shape. That base looks cool.
Thanks. Its what I figured. I did see a 3D printed one from SC2, but thats so cheating. I've had fun, and some frustration building this.

After taking a little break, I'm back to this. You can thank Grand Theft Auto 5. The game is so addicting.
Started working on the ends of the wings last night, but ran into problems, so I had to rethink some stuff. Today, got it figured out.
Heres 2 pics for now.

BC116.jpg

BC117.jpg

Looking good

I never played any of the grand theft auto games, but from my medal of honour days, yes, they sure do sink a lot of time

I had to rethink a bit of these parts, as the ends to the wings ended up being way to tall to even closely match the game. But I think I've already figured a new solution. Just had to cut off a few parts. But for now, I'll wait til tomorrow, too tired to think now.

Heres what I got.

Started fixing up the right wing. After tearing off the old stuff, I thought it would be good to build the supports going inward, instead of out, making the longer pieces closer to each other. Problem was, I had added a square rod on the inward side. So, I had to make the new parts in sections. In the game, where the red lines are, thats what actually holds the long pieces up. I didn't like it like that, so I made it more complicated. However, there are 3 boxes that are suppose to be separated by the where the red line is. So I'm still adding that part in, just not yet. You can also see the 8 pieces lined up with the ends cut at a slant. Thats giving it the needed stant for the long parts.
BC118.jpg

Heres a comparison between the wings and the attachment pads I added. The problem I had before, was I hadn't made it slanted, and was going to do so with more pieces, which then made it even higher.

BC119.jpg

Heres how it will look.

BC120.jpg

And heres how it would look before the change. Much too far apart.

BC121.jpg

Comparison.

BC122.jpg

Started making the 6 boxes, 3 per wing.

BC123.jpg

Heres the 3 boxes. Need to finish them.

BC124.jpg

And how they will be placed. Needs adjusting.

BC125.jpg

Got more done on the wings.
Took these pictures last night. Got more done today, but didn't take the time for more pics.

So have been working on a few things at a time, including putting all these things together.

BC126.jpg

More of the end part of the right wing.

BC127.jpg

Side view with bars just placed in for now.

BC128.jpg

Top with boxes placed in.

BC129.jpg

Side top.

BC130.jpg

Side with boxes (flipped the pic of course)

BC131.jpg

And how it will look, as what I have built so far anyways.

BC132.jpg

...and this...

BC133.jpg

I've also been adding little parts here and there to help strengthen it, as a few parts already popped off from bumping it.

Oh, and heres a blown up pic of the wing from the game. You can see how I've added much more detail then was really suppose to be there. I realize my 3 boxes are really bigger than they should have been, but I like them bigger.

game.jpg

Very nice looking!
Every parts are looks clean and can't wait to see the first primer.

Katsu

Very nice looking!
Every parts are looks clean and can't wait to see the first primer.

Katsu
Thanks. I can't wait to get that far, but I know I'll be a while.

So after getting more of the left wing done, I really wanted to see how they both match up together, so I took a bunch of pictures to then size up in photoshop. While a few parts are off a little bit, most everything noticeably matches quite well. I'm glad about that.
Heres a few of the pics.

BC134.jpg

BC135.jpg

BC136.jpg

BC137.jpg

That is SO cool! The work and effort you've put into this is awesome! I can't wait to see what it looks like with a lick of primer to pull all the details and greeblies together.

Very cool.

SB

That is SO cool! The work and effort you've put into this is awesome! I can't wait to see what it looks like with a lick of primer to pull all the details and greeblies together.

Very cool.

SB
Thank you. Trust me, I'm excited every time I get a part done that looks good and fits properly.

Good looking greeble work.
I remember when I made a first kit bashing model.
Detailing with many greeblies was a fun moment.

Good looking greeble work.
I remember when I made a first kit bashing model.
Detailing with many greeblies was a fun moment.
I'm actually having a hard time finding good to use greeblies. I went somewhere today that has all kinds of random electrical type parts. Found some stuff I can use, even glued on some. But for some things I have in mind, haven't found it yet.

Can't believe 3 weeks have passed. Figured I better get back to work on this.
I had gone to the store and found these little cool parts that fit nicely under these box parts.

BC138.jpg

Now I'm working on the longer side wing part.....I sure wish there was a name for this part.
Well anyways, I took smaller size zipties and cut them up and square rounded off the one side. I was going to do it for all the parts, but I realized I'd have to cut out 56 of them, so instead I made it just for the ends, which is then only 16, which was still kinda annoying.

BC139.jpg

They go like this.

BC140.jpg

I then made up the ends plate, where then another big piece I have to make for each end goes on that. I was afraid that gluing a flat piece to just 2 round hollow tubes wouldn't be sturdy enough. So I drilled the holes in them and will add some square rods down it to help keep it together better.

BC141.jpg

BC142.jpg

Then I cut all the pieces that will face the front of the ship. Decided to make them asymmetrical, but with part things added, will balance it out a bit more. The back will look a bit different, but will keep that asymmetrical part as well.

BC143.jpg

Hey, you can't let me wait out here.
Can't wait for coming pics, Michael-san!:D

katsu
Get over here and help me out and we'll knock this model out of the park....but in fear of everything you'd make you totally outshine me, I'll let you do all the cutting after I draw it out.....haha

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back