StarCraft BattleCruiser (Scratchbuilt) FINISHED - Now with a ton of pics.

Re: StarCraft BattleCruiser (Scratchbuilt)

Got good amount done today. Glad the hobby shop had some styrene. Actually, 4 bags, so I bought them all.

Made these little boxes. Kinda hard to get them just so perfectly rectangle. Still not really perfect, but close enough. They'll be covered with detail later on anyways.
BC90.jpg

Thought it would look good to have them connected with other little boxes .

BC91.jpg

And here there (or they're, whatever....) dry fitted in place. I also finished the support beams for the head.

BC92.jpg

And got the top part of the head glued on. Whats kinda weird, is that I've had to buy a ton of super glue. Well, this one batch I got for whatever reason takes forever to set and the piece to actually stick together. Once dry, it holds, but this took much longer than usual. Well, I used this to my advantage to glue this top piece on and could move it around long enough to get it just right. Can't wait to add stuff on the top and get that smooth look out.
BC93.jpg

Don't play with knifes kids, they are sharp.
Thought the bleeding had slowed down, but no, had to get another bandage after this one.
Don't you just hate it when you're (thats right I think) finger gets in the way while cuttting along a ruler.

blood.jpg

Very nice progress

Don't play with knifes kids, they are sharp.
Thought the bleeding had slowed down, but no, had to get another bandage after this one.
Don't you just hate it when you're (thats right I think) finger gets in the way while cuttting along a ruler.

I had a similar thing happen to me in college. I was holding the ruler down and cutting with a mat knife when it slipped and went right over my thumb, it cut through the nail all the way down to the bone

I had to get to the emergency room and get stitches

Very nice progress

I had a similar thing happen to me in college. I was holding the ruler down and cutting with a mat knife when it slipped and went right over my thumb, it cut through the nail all the way down to the bone

I had to get to the emergency room and get stitches

Thanks....about the progress part. But cutting down to the bone....ouch. Never have done that thankfully.
Back when I worked at a movie theater, I used to love putting together the big cardboard standees. I'd get cardboard cuts all the time. Once, one cut me just underneath my thumb fingernail. Sure hurt a lot.

Been working on the top section....all week. I ran into just about every problem you can think of, but in the end....so far, its working out.

I figured since I never uploaded my sketches, I would. The green paper one was made before I had even started. I changed up the wing a little bit.

BC94.jpgBC95.jpg

So for the top, I wanted to make it so that I could take it off to get to the insides. The problem I had, was that the main body, the sides bowed in just a little, so its not a perfect rectangle. Over a few days of frustration, I didn't even take any pictures. But heres what I have now, with a top that does fit nicely.

BC96.jpg

It feels a bit tall here, but I think it will even itself out once the wings and everything else is added....I hope.

BC98.jpg

The pieces here hang just over the edge to fix the bowing problem.

BC97.jpg

Cut this shape in it based directly off the game. Tomorrow I'll be gluing it together....well, really later today, its past 3:30am right now.

BC99.jpg

I love to see you fix each problem a step by step. I can feel you enjoying the nature of this hobby. More you solve the problem, more you love your ship.
And she will be a great piece of work.
Way to go my friend.

Katsu

I love to see you fix each problem a step by step. I can feel you enjoying the nature of this hobby. More you solve the problem, more you love your ship.
And she will be a great piece of work.
Way to go my friend.

Katsu
Thank you very much so. Yeah, the nice thing about things going wrong, is that it can be fixed one way or another. Either new sheets of styrene, or panel lines, or some greeblie.

More.

Made this support structure for strength.

BC100.jpg

When I finished, I thought it would be good to add detail on the sides and back kinda how it is in game. I had this aircraft carrier model I got to strip down and use for this. So I used the main deck for the panel lines.
I did change a bit how it looks by making my own design cutout.
BC101.jpg

BC102.jpg

Tomorrow I'll be adding the back part.

BC103.jpg

Got most everything on the top of the head done. Heres pics over the last few days.

Made these vent like things on the sides.

BC104.jpg

BC105.jpg

Desided to raise this area up.

BC106.jpg

Did a whole lot here using the random pieces I have for detail. Wish I had more.

BC107.jpg

And little more here.

BC108.jpg

Looking good and nice detailing greeblies. Can't wait for the first primer.
Before you go further, how about scribe some panel lines if you like it.
Cant wait for the next post.

katsu

katsu
Thanks. I was thinking of some panel lines, guess I should do that before I add too much in the way.

katsu
By the way, do you, (or anyone reading this) know a good place to get good random greeblies that aren't too expensive? I hate to go and buy a whole kit and find it doesn't have many good parts.

1/700 ships seem to be a favorite for things like Star Destroyers and other capital ships

Godwill, flea markets, etc.. are places you can find cheap toys or models that might make good greeblie fodder

Also, I find breaking apart electronics you can find some cool looking stuff. The insides of old keyboards etc...

1/700 ships seem to be a favorite for things like Star Destroyers and other capital ships

Godwill, flea markets, etc.. are places you can find cheap toys or models that might make good greeblie fodder

Also, I find breaking apart electronics you can find some cool looking stuff. The insides of old keyboards etc...
Ok. Didn't think of goodwill or even salvation army. I did actually take apart an old PS2 and an old car CD/radio player I had. About a month ago I hit up a bunch of garage sales, but nothing usable.

Well, I was going to upload some pictures, but I spilled coffee on my camera today, and now the screen won't work or connect to the computer. Still takes pictures. I hope if it totally dries out, it will work again, but not sure. Might have to use cell phone camera for now.....
Mainly what I've done, is places where there are gaps, I've taken the apoxie sculpt and filled it over the past few days. Then tonight sanded things down. I also added some detail to the bottom neck area.

I'm so thankful that when I tried the camera today, it did work again. Was hoping it just needed to dry out.

Heres the detail under the neck.

BC109.jpg

And in the head part.

BC110.jpg

Started working on the stand tonight. Now to cover it in the plastic and make it look good as well.

BC111.jpg

Got the base done. Mostly anyways. I want to have it also look like a docking station where its just taken off from.

Here was my idea I drew in photoshop.

Stand.jpg

And the progress over the last week. Would have been faster, but playing those darn video games just gets in the way.

BC112.jpg

BC113.jpg

BC114.jpg

BC115.jpg

I also filled in the edges with apoxie, just didn't take pics of that.

Getting better by every post.

About the question of getting greeblies.

I don't know about the situation at your side but I used check the net auction to obtain the abandoned kit or junk parts.
Some one bought a kit model but sometimes they give up when it became too much and getting out of their hands. That is so cheap.

This is great work, I wanted to do the SC2 Hyperion but decided I wouldn’t be able to pull it off.
Also, you should put it inside a bottle like a classic ship model so you’ll have a bottlecruiser...*badum-tss*

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back