Build: Luke Macrobinoculars (ANH Hero)

Troopers cast versions are great. All individually cast parts which you assemble. Can thoroughly recommend them. The lenses are marvelous as well. I have two sets of lenses, two mystery boxes, lens plates and a few other bits. Really good quality.

Bell & Howell Two Twenty:
These are even more common/cheap. After examining screen-grabs, it seems that they used a very obscure variant of the 220 that had a grey knob center piece, instead of the commonly available red knob variety. I've been searching and have only found one grey knob, but it is unavailable (frustratingly).

The grey knob is available on the Bell & Howell 252. Grey Knob on Burgundy dial.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the 252 knob installed with the 220 dial.

29142236097_cefd3d9636_c.jpg

43361137104_9796c94073.jpg

Mine is also from a 252. Bell and Howell's are plentiful, so don't feel discouraged if you can't find the right one right away, they pop up often.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Hi guys Fantastic thread so much so i've started collecting the parts to build my own so far ive got a Bell and Howell 250 on its way, but any spares anyone is willing to sell please let me know.
thanks

Hi guys Fantastic thread so much so i've started collecting the parts to build my own so far ive got a Bell and Howell 250 on its way, but any spares anyone is willing to sell please let me know.
thanks
as this isn’t a want to buy thread I won’t publish what I might have I will PM you
where in the NW of England are you

In need of real Kailmar Style Buttons? There are many vintage Japanese cameras have the same style buttons, but only available in the black leather, not grey.

Kalimar Reflex
Fujita 66
Some models of Rolleicord (compur rapid)

Just picked up this Rolleicord for $20. $10 bucks a button is not bad.

s-l1600.jpg

The ebay prices are what they are. When I stumbled upon this thread a month ago, I found an auction for a Eumig and 660 together on ebay for $1200+ , thought that was crazy. Next day it was sold. So that puts the eumig at over $200 and the 660 at $900+. this has turned out to be an investment for my kids. I have to say in 3 weeks I've managed to collect everything except for a silver & black version lens. Total amount i've spend so far $920.

Yes, its becoming a very expensive past time. I have been lucky enough since Howards eumig find all those years ago to collect enough original parts for 3 builds, but you just don't get any bargains these and lucky finds are few and far between. Kobolds, graflex handles, racal minilites are all in the same category. Moving forward, the odd good value eumig might be all we get. Thank goodness for the likes of trooper and cast parts

All I know is there is NO WAY I'd be able to do a real parts build in today's market. I found my first Six Sixty around 2007 for $80, which I thought was kinda steep at the time.

I feel really bad for the folks who are trying to do these now, but I suppose we do it to ourselves. We've done it to ourselves time and time again.

Yes, its becoming a very expensive past time. I have been lucky enough since Howards eumig find all those years ago to collect enough original parts for 3 builds, but you just don't get any bargains these and lucky finds are few and far between. Kobolds, graflex handles, racal minilites are all in the same category. Moving forward, the odd good value eumig might be all we get. Thank goodness for the likes of trooper and cast parts

Yes, cast parts are great, forgot to mention my total amount includes "troopers" lens, clip and wedge.

Overall, Star Wars memorabilia has increased since Ep7 as new fans come on board. Example, I was lucky enough to find a m19 scope when I joined the 501st 3 years ago. I paid $250 and now you can't touch one for less then $700-800. in fact when the modelers need a scope they offer over 2500.00 for one m19. supply and demand.

Last edited:
All I know is there is NO WAY I'd be able to do a real parts build in today's market. I found my first Six Sixty around 2007 for $80, which I thought was kinda steep at the time.

I feel really bad for the folks who are trying to do these now, but I suppose we do it to ourselves. We've done it to ourselves time and time again.

Its all you guys' fault...:love
if it wasn't for this thread I would have never known about this. everyday that passes... another fan is looking for these parts. Since these parts are getting very expensive. A part of me can't justify pulling a button from a perfectly working antique camera for a $20 knob or painting a real kaligar lens that's worth $500. These items have now become high collectible and will increase in value for years to come. Unless, we are hit by a meteorite then all this **** is worthless.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back