Build: Luke Macrobinoculars (ANH Hero)

Have you received this yet?
I'd like to see detailed photos of these.
Then compare those photos to Kalimar knobs to see if they are really a good choice.

In need of real Kailmar Style Buttons? There are many vintage Japanese cameras have the same style buttons, but only available in the black leather, not grey.

Kalimar Reflex
Fujita 66
Some models of Rolleicord (compur rapid)

Just picked up this Rolleicord for $20. $10 bucks a button is not bad.

Have you received this yet?
I'd like to see detailed photos of these.
Then compare those photos to Kalimar knobs to see if they are really a good choice.

Yes! The Kalimar Reflex/Fujita 66 buttons are identical to the 660s. Same camera really. The only difference I can see is the leather pattern on the top of the button is a little different - coarse vs fine. Also there were two versions of the 660. A black version (this is what I have) & the gray/green version and the top of the buttons had the corresponding color leather. Note: The cameras mentioned above have the black leather top knobs. If you looking for grey leather knobs you'll have to buy another 660.

I'll post a side by side later tonight...

Last edited:
Good to know, thanks for sharing.

Do you know if the Rolleicord knobs are an exact match?

Yes! The Kalimar Reflex buttons are identical to the 660s. Same camera really. The only difference I can see is that the leather pattern on the top of the button will vary (fine to coarse). Also there were two versions of the 660. A black version (this is what I have) & the gray/green version and the top of the buttons had the corresponding color leather.

Yes, MastahBlastah, absolutely!

I've done this and offered to do this for folks in the past, I've got lots of spare grey material.

By the way, it's not ONLY the Six Sixty that was made in grey. Like cjdesign just said, the Kalimar Reflex, Fujuta 66, Soligor, etc (many companies made the same camera, some had slight differences) are basically the same camera.

I've had several Kalimar Reflexes that are grey, and several Six Sixties that are black.

The Rolleicord buttons have a .25mm-.5mm thicker upper rim, but for the most part, it's the same style button and very close in dimensions. Measure with my calipers... +/- .25mm.

660/Reflex:
12.10mm button width / 16.34mm button base

Rollicord:
12.35mm button width / 16.8mm button base with screws

IMG_5162.jpg

Last edited:
...and then sell for stupid money. Even eumigs are going for £100 plus in the UK at times from sellers who know what they're needed for.
Yes, and Im guilty of purchasing one of those a month ago. £120. I think I got it on the low side because the seller had local uk pick up only on the auction and she agreed to send.

Supply and demand.. and a huge thank you to MastahBlastah for creating this thread.
For the sake of everybody that is trying to find the last golden ticket, i mean Kalimar camera. Delete this thread immediately. ;)

Yeah, just give up, it's not worth it haha.

Maybe the kalimar 660 wasn't the only camera used? the Fujita 66 SQ is the same camera with a "fujita" branded lens identical to kaligar 80mm
Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 9.41.50 AM.png

Yep, that's relatively common knowledge. Kalimar, Fujita, Soligor and possibly other brand names have been slapped on that same camera body.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

anybody have any grey leather from a 660 they can spare/sell need to re-skin 4 black rolleicord buttons. Pm with details, cheers!
****found****

Last edited by a moderator:
i have a Kalimar Reflex camera available if anyone needs it. Good for an alternative viewfinder hood.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back