Build: Luke Macrobinoculars (ANH Hero)

Here is why I need a bunch of these.
IMG_7298.JPG

Got a Kalimar or two to spare? ;)

I think the female port is going to be the harder one to find a consistent supply of that doesn't break the bank. I have a part number from the NOS unit I bought, but I've only found one supplier that is currently out of stock. They might be getting more in after the holidays. Fingers crossed!

I may have one to spare :)

I think the female port is going to be the harder one to find a consistent supply of that doesn't break the bank. I have a part number from the NOS unit I bought, but I've only found one supplier that is currently out of stock. They might be getting more in after the holidays. Fingers crossed!
all my fingers are crossed

All of mine are crossed, too!!!

- Jim

Wow !!!
where have I been on this thread!!
It started off as a build thread!!
And then an incredible find!!
And it's happening sooooooooo fast this is amazing !!
Love how everyone still comes together and divulge information !!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I love the RPF, this forum just gets better and better when everybody shares information, this is what I signed up for ( caring, sharing, friendly prop builders)
NOW honestly !
Who has been constantly searching!!!!! I know I have but no luck as yet, UK markets suck !!!

, it seems that they used a very obscure variant of the 220 that had a grey knob center piece, instead of the commonly available red knob variety.

I'm sorry, but I'm confused (it happens easily), are you referring to the knob under the lens? I'm not seeing it as red (or did you already color it?). I come across junk like this often enough, so if it's something I should keep an eye out for, I will. Can you clarify, please? Thanks.

I'm sorry, but I'm confused (it happens easily), are you referring to the knob under the lens? I'm not seeing it as red (or did you already color it?). I come across junk like this often enough, so if it's something I should keep an eye out for, I will. Can you clarify, please? Thanks.

No problem! So on the macros, there is a big knob on the side that is a combination of multiple different cameras' knobs. The B&H 220's knob is used inside of this setup, but it appears from looking at screen grabs that the B&H knob that they used has a grey center piece, while every B&H 220 that I have seen, save for one, has a dark red, marroon-ish center piece. (see photo of mine in my first post). Either the prop builders painted this knob grey, or they used a now very hard-to-find variant of the B&H 220 that was the same in every way, except that the knob's center piece was grey. Does that clear it up for you?

This knob has different variants in colours
B5631127-AF73-4CE2-9C39-84FDE523279A.jpeg

I like the the machined lense plate from dmachinist did he sell them on the RPF or his site ? as I can’t see any thread or any reference on his site

Last edited by a moderator:
So I got an all black Kalimar six sixty today. Everything is the exact same except the color is black. I've never seem a black one before can anyone give me some info on this? Im guessing its a very rear color version?
IMG_9580.JPGIMG_9581.JPGIMG_9582.JPG

No problem! So on the macros, there is a big knob on the side that is a combination of multiple different cameras' knobs. The B&H 220's knob is used inside of this setup, but it appears from looking at screen grabs that the B&H knob that they used has a grey center piece, while every B&H 220 that I have seen, save for one, has a dark red, marroon-ish center piece. (see photo of mine in my first post). Either the prop builders painted this knob grey, or they used a now very hard-to-find variant of the B&H 220 that was the same in every way, except that the knob's center piece was grey. Does that clear it up for you?

The inside parts of the knob as well as the outside of the Kalimar lenses were painted a grey color presumably to stop reflection into the camera lens. Thats commonly done in movies for shiny parts.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back