Build: Luke Macrobinoculars (ANH Hero)

Not sure where you guys are finding all these, my hat goes off to you! I’d like to buy one of these if someone is game, PM me with info and price. Thanks

Chad

Looks like a match for my NOS part:

8pinF.jpg

I still see wound copper around the terminals instead of circuit board. It looks kinda lumpy in the reference like wound copper would be. I hope we can find more of these!

Looks like a match for my NOS part:

View attachment 775410

I still see wound copper around the terminals instead of circuit board. It looks kinda lumpy in the reference like wound copper would be. I hope we can find more of these!

I think the "wound copper" around the male terminals may simply be something the prop guys added. I see the thin copper wire, too, on the original prop pics.

I think the "female" plug-in's I have on the way may have the same green end in them as Veektohr's picture above.

- Jim

To go along with Seneca, could the prop guys have cut the board off VERY close around the edges of the pins instead of soldering them out?

Kinda looks like it to me, now, instead of copper wire!!! Maybe that's the thickness of the board itself that we see in this picture???

The board depth into the pins looks correct, too, in the picture below... IMO!

- Jim

lukemacros11.jpg

Last edited:
So I'm just brainstorming, need to see other female plugs but what if the board was just cut out like this..View attachment 775156 (if all the female jacks are attached to a board I don't see them taking the time to unsolder it) paint it black Then wrap copper wire around the pins like so. View attachment 775163 I'm sure this is wrong. Like I said just brainstorming.
Can you please post the last pic with out the drawing thats on it?
Thank you ☺

To go along with Seneca, could the prop guys have cut the board off VERY close around the edges of the pins instead of soldering them out?

Kinda looks like it to me, now, instead of copper wire!!! Maybe that's the thickness of the board itself that we see in this picture???

The board depth into the pins looks correct, too, in the picture below... IMO!

- Jim

View attachment 775432
Reason I think that maybe there is no copper wire is bc there seems to be a gap in copper color about 3/4 of the way up. The direction of wrapping would also be going the wrong way if we wrap the pin posts. If it is wrapped it would have to look like how trooper has it on his resin cast one not in the direction we would have to wrap the pin posts. The gap is really throwing me off.

Got the board cut and the other parts painted. Think what we really need is this fully encompassing metal housing for the female jack.IMG_9651.JPG

Last edited:
Boom! You're making a PCB believer outta me with these photos... but now what if you wrapped the leads behind the PCB with some copper wire? On the reference, you can't see any space between the leads behind the PCB like we can on your shots. I keep going back & forth. Other than that... Can't believe how far we've come in one week :D So flippin' cool.

I agree we need that full enclosure for the female port!

Last edited:
Boom! You're making a PCB believer outta me with these photos... but now what if you wrapped the leads behind the PCB with some copper wire? On the reference, you can't see any space between the leads behind the PCB like we can on your shots. Other than that... Can't believe how far we've come in one week :D So flippin' cool.
Yes it is very cool. This group of guys is great! I have to run out the door but when I get back ill wrap some wire around the pins to see how it looks.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back