Build: Luke Macrobinoculars (ANH Hero)

Nice haul! All the newer variety, though?

Yeah all the narrow clip version. I'm still not 100% sold on the wider clip, since it's also much skinnier in the other dimension than we see in that photo. Gonna have to do some mock-ups once I have that one in hand, too. Honestly, I'm fine with either on my eventual macros [emoji3]

bd251eb4b078103ad23e4eed77d6c6cc.jpg

Last edited:
That looks so big. (That's what she....never mind). I wonder if the bottom plate should be removed.
idk if the old stock ( long tab) measures different than the new stock (short tab) but using troopers resin box as a reference my box is very close size wise to cast box.IMG_9626.JPGIMG_9627.JPGIMG_9625.JPGIMG_9624.JPG

Yeah all the narrow clip version. I'm still not 100% sold on the wider clip, since it's also much skinnier in the other dimension than we see in that photo. Gonna have to do some mock-ups once I have that one in hand, too. Honestly, I'm fine with either on my eventual macros [emoji3]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171123/bd251eb4b078103ad23e4eed77d6c6cc.jpg

looking good with the bottom plate on.
Don´t mind the narrow clip either ;)

No we have to find a source for the correct female plugs!

- - - Updated - - -

Now that is a sexy pic right there !!!!
About 3 weeks ago i was looking at the halogram scene. There i can see that the box was much thicker then any of us thought. I cant wait to get home to play with my parts. ☺ yep
I think the complete box looks good

Don´t play with your parts for too long buddy....you´ll go blind :p

Has anybody seen, in their recent searches for these, any extension cords for this type of cable? The female end looks more like it would have come from a matching cable than directly out of the back of a VTR / monitor / multi-effects board / whatever, especially for prop builders ease of construction. How well they seem to snap and hold together I think further leads me to this thought. Not sure if such a cord exists, though I’d certainly imagine it would for use in music or TV production.

Here's two pics of a pair of female boxes I have on the way just to have on hand for comparison....

Mystery Box Female 1.jpg

Mystery Box Female 2.jpg

Did they take a female connector like this apart and turn it around and put into a male connector??? Need to see what the other side of the female plug looks like, that's one reason I bought them.

- Jim

Last edited:
Im very currious myself about the female plug, i suspect the same thing.
Here's two pics of a pair of female boxes I have on the way just to have on hand for comparison....

View attachment 775367

View attachment 775368

Did they take a female connector like this apart and turn it around and put into a male connector??? Need to see what the other side of the female plug looks like, that's one reason I bought them.

- Jim

When I get them, I'll take one apart and post a picture of what the back side of the green plug-in looks like. I'm wondering if it has the 8 small prongs sticking out that the wires clip to similar to the Ibanez female port.

If the prop guys just had cables on hand, could this be what they did instead of taking a foot switch apart?

Should have them next week. I'll post as soon as possible!

- Jim

Im more curious dounfe Possibilities Of what can be found from old cameras and equipment that used these type of cable. We know they raided a used camera shop. But also used parts from music instruments equipment Due to parts on the bowcaster

When I get them, I'll take one apart and post a picture of what the back side of the green plug-in looks like. I'm wondering if it has the 8 small prongs sticking out that the wires clip to similar to the Ibanez female port.

If the prop guys just had cables on hand, could this be what they did instead of taking a foot switch apart?

Should have them next week. I'll post as soon as possible!

- Jim

Think this is it guys! it's not copper wire. I unsoldered the female plug from the board. my board was orange like many boards of the time ( my exactra 20 board was orange also) I used solder wick to get most of it off but then had to use a heat gun to get all 8 pins hot at once. In doing so some of the orange board melted a tiny bit and was left behind on the pins. Looks right and makes sense. Now all there is left to do is cut out the board around the 8 pin holes and paint it black.
IMG_9642.JPGIMG_9643.JPGIMG_9644_LI.jpg

Now this is off the ue400 right?
It sure likes right. Just need the board on it

Think this is it guys! it's not copper wire. I unsoldered the female plug from the board. my board was orange like many boards of the time ( my exactra 20 board was orange also) I used solder wick to get most of it off but then had to use a heat gun to get all 8 pins hot at once. In doing so some of the orange board melted a tiny bit and was left behind on the pins. Looks right and makes sense. Now all there is left to do is cut out the board around the 8 pin holes and paint it black.
View attachment 775394View attachment 775395View attachment 775396

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back