Build: Luke Macrobinoculars (ANH Hero)

Alright so they didn't have any at Apex. HOWEVER the guy did point me in another direction. They may have been used on the Ibanez pedal board, but the primary application for that style connector were old u-matic tape recorders...
f50952fe3975deba5d269e1c106fd877.jpeg

I have the name for this specific type of connector, but haven't been able to turn up any sources for them yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI I noticed during my research that many of these plug are damage (they may be made out of a cheesy cast metal, I will let you know when I get mine), I also have also seen some old blogs showing how to convert the plug into a modern, round, 6 pin connector. So it is very important you request a photo of the plug before you buy.

but this closeup photo from another source looks as if the plug has a plastic housing, with a strange circular formation on the side that I can't see when looking at other versions:

View attachment 774133

Thoughts?

That's a newer plastic version of the plug. You don't want that one.
The pic you posted above of the 405 had the metal one.

circular formation is a metal clip that locks the plug onto the main unit. You push it in to remove the plug.

He's talking about the circular hole in the edge of the plastic version of the plug, not the metal clip.

I believe I've found an affordable source for these. Give me a couple days to lock it down & confirm. If I'm right, these cables run about $25-40 (at least until the SW savages have their way with market value), and you get two connectors on each. I have one coming my way, so once I know for sure I'll let everyone know :cheers

My question: is it just the male connector on the macros, or is the female port attached to the connector as well? My source would only be for the male side.

This looks very promising indeed.
Thanks for sharing.

Here the red bits could be just the wiring from the cable left in place or something soldered between 2 pieces of wire.

10306250_520707111385241_5822257307936282152_n.jpg

Be careful! There are several versions of this plug, some are plastic, some are metal, and even some of the metal ones are not exactly the same as the one that comes with the Ibanez, if you look closely.

I believe I've found an affordable source for these. Give me a couple days to lock it down & confirm. If I'm right, these cables run about $25-40 (at least until the SW savages have their way with market value), and you get two connectors on each. I have one coming my way, so once I know for sure I'll let everyone know :cheers

My question: is it just the male connector on the macros, or is the female port attached to the connector as well? My source would only be for the male side.

Be careful! There are several versions of this plug, some are plastic, some are metal, and even some of the metal ones are not exactly the same as the one that comes with the Ibanez, if you look closely.

Yeah that's what I'm waiting to confirm before getting too excited. They look promising, though.

6c5c0e54eaea55a8dca8cc9c9c961f62.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back