Build: Luke Macrobinoculars (ANH Hero)

Wait, which part are y'all talking about?

The circular logo on top of the plastic cover/battery compartment?

Yah, guess that one:

IMG_1368.jpg

Thats my spare eumig, on the other one i have that piece is also gone...

I don't know guys. With it on, it's pretty much FLUSH to the raised bump. Gone it shows the lip where it used to be which you can clearly see in the vaporator shots as well. MY vote is for gone. I don't see why they'd mask and paint it... when you can just pop that sumbitch off

Yeah I've never seen any evidence that that part stayed on.

Why do y'all keep changing your minds about the parts used on this thing?! First the Seagull knobs, and now this?!

I'm telling you, they still look like Seagull knobs to me.

[emoji39]

And I've got more 660 knobs to spare, so there's no bias here, I just honestly see the Seagull knobs.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

I think it is more evidence that there may have been two versions of those macrobinoculars. I saw the bumps on the vapoator shot but it is clearly smooth in the tuskin pics.

I wanna know how this knob got stuck out so far. Also notice he has that right lens cranked way out.

mac17.jpg

Last edited:
I believe that any “rivets” you may think you see are film artifacts. There is a lip with the piece in pace and if it wasn’t there the lip would be double the size you are referring too as well as showing a dip. It clearly does not on any pictures I’ve seen. I agonized on this bit for a year but of course if there are new pics I am all eyes for additional evidence.

he's talking about the Vaporator pic, with a nice closeup of it

I know what he was referring too and thats not what I meant by new pictures or evidence. Ive considered that pic. That picture does not show anything but a whitish smudge that could be anything. For me, it does not overturn all the other pictures unless there was a change in the prop and to believe that I would need more than a whitish smudge shot. So...pending new evidence its my opinion that the circular metal logo plate was painted black and left on. Your results may vary.

EDITED: Nothing definitive about the white smudge in this pic for me. Not that it makes me an expert but I do make movies for a living and process raw camera images on the daily so I put these through quite a few filters to bring out any hidden details or to reduce gamma, movement, flare etc. lukeheromacros.jpg

Last edited:
the eumig plate comes off, then there are two screws, once you take those off and remove the door assembly, the hinge pin should slide out the side.

I have one Eumig that needs the plastic from the hinge part of the cover replaced. How much?

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

the eumig plate comes off, then there are two screws, once you take those off and remove the door assembly, the hinge pin should slide out the side.
That's great, it is really bothering me. I'm not seeing how the Eumig plate comes off.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back