Build: Luke Macrobinoculars (ANH Hero)

Dont forget the screws. I think they should be screwed in through the other side. Take a look at the black and white pic.

Yeah, the threaded posts should be sticking out with hex nuts at the bases.

I like the look of the PCB. I think whatever they cut it from was two boards thick. It looks like it should be two layers of the same thing (not one layer board and the other copper wire).

Nice call on the nuts, I never seen it before but looking at the b&w pic i can see there sure is something there at the base of the screw when looking at the shadow, a nut makes perfect sense

I like the look of the PCB. I think whatever they cut it from was two boards thick. It looks like it should be two layers of the same thing (not one layer board and the other copper wire).

What B/W picture are you referencing, if you don't mind me asking?

Nice call on the nuts, I never seen it before but looking at the b&w pic i can see there sure is something there at the base of the screw when looking at the shadow, a nut makes perfect sense

Just got in the two female connectors and took one apart. As the picture below shows, it does clip into the male connector and the prongs on the end look right once the wires have been removed.

All that's missing is the gold retaining clip. So, if you find some female connectors, you have the other end without the clip.

Is there a source for just the clips???

- Jim

IMG_2487.JPG

IMG_2488.JPG

Two boards thick? I don't see this?

- - - Updated - - -

lukemacros11.jpg dose this wire look red'ish to you guys?

Two boards thick? I don't see this?

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 775942 dose this wire look red'ish to you guys?

The edge of the board is reddish/orange. The front face of the board is black, the sides are worn revealing the color. There are clearly two equal thickness reddish edge stripes there.
Both stripes are the same. IMO that looks like two boards, not two wraps of copper wire (definitely not two wraps of wire behind the board - that would be too thick).

The edge of the board is reddish/orange. The front face of the board is black, the sides are worn revealing the color. There are clearly two equal thickness reddish edge stripes there.
Both stripes are the same. IMO that looks like two boards, not two wraps of copper wire (definitely not two wraps of wire behind the board - that would be too thick).

The only explanation I can think of that might validate this would be that an extra piece of circuit board was used to hold the female plug in place on whatever board it was soldered to,

I'm really trying to see this. you can see the 8 pins poking out of the black board. If there is another board under it , it would also have to have 8 pin hole in it. So idk if they would have taken the time to cut another board and drill the pin holes into it. To me the top black board looks much thinner then the orange/red part. This is the fun stuff!

My eyes just don't see two boards. Here is my interpretation. I still have to decided if the B&W photo really shows a protruding rod or if its possibly a reflection of the bottom of the rectangle board or a pin.
IMG_9691.JPGIMG_9687.JPGIMG_9686.JPGIMG_9696.JPG

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back