Magnum PI reboot

They wouldn't have set the show there anyway. Might have used it as a location for a case or something in the pilot, but I suspect they're not going to have the new magnum set at an estate.
pVwMxrS.jpg

Actually they inquired about using it but were told no

They wouldn't have set the show there anyway. Might have used it as a location for a case or something in the pilot, but I suspect they're not going to have the new magnum set at an estate.

That sucks.
I used to enjoy driving the long way around from Hawaii Kai through Waimanalo just to go by the house.
The owners had put up a massive wall and gate so no one could look in.

It was always funny hearing how Robin's Nest was on the North Shore when Rabbit Island is so clearly visible in some scenes.

Guess they will use a real North Shore property then?

Edit: The new estate is located at 51 Kaikea Place in Kailua.

Wonder if the Research Pier is going to be used as the Island Hooper hanger again.

Last edited:
If they go 5-0 reboot route then I won't make it past the pilot.
I have tired to watch the new 5-0 numerous times because of Hawaii, Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park but can't make it through an entire show.
I try to give new shows a chance with two or three episodes but after the first episode I said it was stupid and gave up.

But the good news is the trailer for "The Fast and the Furious: Hawaii" is out. The actually say it's the same producers. https://youtu.be/qMmv9JFOEB0

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk

It looks even more bland and generic than 5-0 and macgyver.

Man, that was a painful trailer to sit through. Just painful.

Robin Masters is basing his books on Magnum now? Really?

I don't have words.

I wanted to hate the trailer, but didn't.

Plenty to not be thrilled with though.

That MUSIC. ugh.

Thomas' first words of narration should have been "I know what you're thinking."

It looks even more bland and generic than 5-0 and macgyver.

Man, that was a painful trailer to sit through. Just painful.

Robin Masters is basing his books on Magnum now? Really?

I don't have words.

Completely agree.

hard pass. FF:Hawaii is pretty apt if you ask me, and is nothing like Magnum.

Boy, they couldn't wait to get Perdita Weeks into that skin tight leotard, could they? Based on that trailer, I predict it'll suck by comparison to the original show, but will still be immensely popular with anyone too young to have seen the original.

TC is a marine pilot but is wearing a staff sergeant's dress uniform. :facepalm
When was the last flying NCO? WW2!

Don't need to see or say more than that.

I caught that too, I was going, WTF? The only thing that I can think of that makes sense is that TC served as a crew chief on helos in the Corps, picked up a bit from the pilots he served with, got out and got his license.

The other thing that kind of got was towards the end where we see Magnum go off in his whites, without a shave. I know that he's out but there's no way in hell would I put on my old uniform and go out in public without both a shave and haircut; there's no way that I'd go out and dsigrace the uniform looking all nasty.

Tc is a CWO. So that is correct

I knew a few , Army had tons of them flying helos marines too the Air Force stopped it years ago

TC is a marine pilot but is wearing a staff sergeant's dress uniform. :facepalm
When was the last flying NCO? WW2!

Don't need to see or say more than that.

CWOs don't wear their former enlisted rank. They wear Warrant Officer bars.

In the original series TC was a Huey pilot and Rick was his crew chief/gunner.
They may have made TC an enlisted crew chief that later got his civilian ticket in the new show but that ruins the original character and all the story potential.

I cast a blind eye to them all needing a shave. Not only a disgrace to the uniform but I assume they are dressed for their buddy's funeral. Just Bad!

Yeah you are probably right on the rank come to think of it, I only interacted with them on the Flight line we were always in Flightsuits.

The Tc character got quite a few retconns in the original series as going to Grambling as well as having a "Surprise" a family. :lol

CWOs don't wear their former enlisted rank. They wear Warrant Officer bars.

In the original series TC was a Huey pilot and Rick was his crew chief/gunner.
They may have made TC an enlisted crew chief that later got his civilian ticket in the new show but that ruins the original character and all the story potential.

I cast a blind eye to them all needing a shave. Not only a disgrace to the uniform but I assume they are dressed for their buddy's funeral. Just Bad!

Decades is running a Hawaii Five-O marathon (original) this weekend. I turn it on and the first episode I see has Robin's Nest and the tidal pool in it.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back