Magnum PI reboot

I mean no actor is going to be able to deliver the line "Higgins....guys" looking at Zeus and Apollo the same way. That was a running gag that literally never got old.

Magnum was know for killing off good guest characters, and having supernatural episodes, where it really was the supernatural. I loved the scene of Magnum and Mac's spirit having one last laugh in "Mac's Back" episode.

Let's hope this dies a swift death like the proposed "Rockford Files" remake from a few years back.

David.

Magnum was know for killing off good guest characters, and having supernatural episodes, where it really was the supernatural. I loved the scene of Magnum and Mac's spirit having one last laugh in "Mac's Back" episode.

Let's hope this dies a swift death like the proposed "Rockford Files" remake from a few years back.

David.

Hear Hear.

One thing the old series had, along with most dramas back in the 70/80's was a sense of humor, even if it was subtle. Everything today is Uber serious and the main characters have absolutely no character. They're formulaic and boring. I imagine the new Magnum will also have the required command center with glass screens and holograms.

I watched just a few episodes of the new Five-O and never watched again. Why remake and reboot all the time? I think the new Five-O would have been great if the new McGarrett was a grandson of the original McGarrett. It could've had a life all its own with new characters and no comparisons. It was done right the first time, just like the original Magnum.

Let me guess: magnum will be playes by a black female actress.....
cMerfWN.jpg

They should have consulted me. If they were determined to have a Latino for the role I would have recommended this guy:

Batmanuel.jpg

I have doubts that El Diablo has the charisma to pull of Magnum.
But, we'll see, I guess...
If the Magnum reboot is anything like the Hawaii 5-O reboot, color me disinterested.

http://deadline.com/2018/02/jay-hernandez-cast-as-thomas-magnum-cbs-magnum-p-i-reboot-pilot-1202296505/

CBS had been looking to add a twist to the classic character played by Tom Selleck in the original series, which had been conceived as diverse in the reboot, with the network setting out to find a non-white actor for the role.
Well at least they didn't make him a girl.

The reboot follows Thomas Magnum (Hernandez), a decorated ex-Navy SEAL who, upon returning home from Afghanistan, repurposes his military skills to become a private investigator...as well as that of disavowed former MI:6 agent Juliet Higgins...

Oh :facepalm

Yeah... I wonder how close to the original set up they're going to follow; i.e. the whole Robin Masters schtick was a pretty big part of the show that helped explained the mansion, the Ferrari, etc. not to mention the comedic tension between Magnum and Higgins....

Yeah... I wonder how close to the original set up they're going to follow; i.e. the whole Robin Masters schtick was a pretty big part of the show that helped explained the mansion, the Ferrari, etc. not to mention the comedic tension between Magnum and Higgins....

Now that Higgins is a woman, you can count on sexual tension instead.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back