Silicone half mask with straps?

Gabehcuod

Hello everyone, I'm new here. I was wondering if there's a way to add leather straps to a half mask I've recently made out of smooth on platinum silicone. The mask is about half inch thick. Would I be able to just punch holes and rivet leather straps in or would it compromise the structure of the Silicone?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Best thing would be to embed some fabric in the silicone so there's some structure to mount to. Then you can rivet, sew, or tie off to that. You can probably just laminate some fabric to the back where you need it using the original silicone or silpoxy.

One thought that jumps to mind too is that after you laminate in some fabric, maybe pound in a grommet? That way if you put a Chicago screw through it into the leather, the stresses from the screw contact the grommet first, rather than directly transferring to the silicone. [emoji848]

Are you able to share what kind of mask? Is leather the material of choice due to character or just function??

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back