New Spiderman and web shooters?

Sluis Van Shipyards

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I missed the first of the new Spiderman movies and only saw Spiderman Homecoming tonight. I was looking for info on his web shooters because I thought Spiderman shot them out of his body (like the Tobey Maguire Spiderman. I saw something that said the comic version always had web shooters. So is the TM Spiderman the one that was different and he always had shooters?

Yeah, who wants to see Spider-Man shooting webs out of his ass? :lol

That made me think of Family Guy where Spiderman finishes early... :lol
hqdefault.jpg

It's always been a thing in the comics. What makes the mechanical web shooters so great is it shows off Peter's intellect. In the Andrew Garfield movies, he was smart enough to create the actual web shooters, but not the webs (which were made by Oscorp). Homecoming showed us that Peter actually made his own web shooters and developed his own webbing. Another thing is they add tension, like what if he suddenly ran out of web fluid? The Raimi films did try to do the mechanical web shooters but I assume that they didn't actually shoot webs, they probably just control the flow of his organic webbing.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edit: The Raimi films did try to do the mechanical web shooters but the concept was scrapped. I assume that they didn't actually shoot webs, they probably just control the flow of his organic webbing.

Last edited:
I'm the only one, but I hate the mechanical shooters. At least the newest movie dealt a little with how they are controlled, but still never touched on the whole "I invented this thing that instantly manufactures biodegradable aircraft cable on demand from a tiny source using cheap easy to find components. It's probably worth trillions, would revolutionize manufacturing, shipping, and in the auto industry alone would save millions of lives all while being good for the planet. Instead I think I'll keep it to myself so I can use it to avoid mid town traffic and it matches my costume persona."

Also, the organic version answered why it sticks to everything else, but not to him. It's just part of his mutation.

Last edited:
Not necessarily. Maybe the spider DNA got lost looking for the extra legs or something? To be honest, in that universe it's not remotely unusual. On the Xmen scale of weird mutation, having it be wrist oriented isn't even 2/10 of bizarre.

I once saw an interiview with Stan Lee where he said he'd prefer mechanical in Raimi's movies... just that Peter's bite gave him the instincts on what chems to mix to make the webbing...

Sorta worked for me...

In the same way you can accept that Tony Stark could have the equipment he has...

I'm the only one, but I hate the mechanical shooters. At least the newest movie dealt a little with how they are controlled, but still never touched on the whole "I invented this thing that instantly manufactures biodegradable aircraft cable on demand from a tiny source using cheap easy to find components. It's probably worth trillions, would revolutionize manufacturing, shipping, and in the auto industry alone would save millions of lives all while being good for the planet. Instead I think I'll keep it to myself so I can use it to avoid mid town traffic and it matches my costume persona."

Also, the organic version answered why it sticks to everything else, but not to him. It's just part of his mutation.
Suspension of disbelief man, same reason why flash running on a treadmill and generating power isnt done, same reason why wolverine isnt a sushi chef, its from the 60s and its freakin awesome. I love spiderman and beer and Im buzzed as I type this so there. He also saves lives as spiderman so its a wash. The organic version is dumb, because he can never create drama cause he can never run out of web, how the hell does he generate the webballs then? I always thought that was weird.

- - - Updated - - -

I once saw an interiview with Stan Lee where he said he'd prefer mechanical in Raimi's movies... just that Peter's bite gave him the instincts on what chems to mix to make the webbing...

Sorta worked for me...

In the same way you can accept that Tony Stark could have the equipment he has...
Thats how its explained in the comics, that the bite made him understand how to mix the chemicals. Also, his spider sense guides his webslinging, so he can tag the buildings etc.

Also, in the comics currently, Peter is President and CEO of a big tech company. Yeah, Doc Oc started it when he was stuck in Peter's body, but at least he's not 1 step from living on the street while begging for Jameson to buy a picture from him anymore. LOL

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back