Roy Dotrice Passes away at 94

Apollo

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Roy passed away today.

He was simply put an absolutely amazing actor who imo never got his due.

Just watch is performance as Father in "Beauty and The Beast" and his role in "Cheech and Chongs The Corsician Brothers" and tell me he did'nt have unlimited range.

Was lucky enough to see him do Lincoln at Fords Theatre in 1980.

What an amazing Actor and legend we have lost....

"Enough! Introduction is over, conversation finished! Mouths closed, ears to be opened. Pairs means *two*. You have no partner. You are skating nowhere. And where are you going? Ohh, back to Siberia? Skating on small pond is big excitement. And believe me, Gretzky, I am last person who is coming to look for you. Good! We skate."

Oh, Anton. You were always the dream coach. RIP.

...his role in "Cheech and Chongs The Corsician Brothers"...
That is some serious TRUTH right there. I can't remember when I ever laughed so hard at a character. How he kept a straight face during some of his own dialogue is just baffling. Amazing work.

RIP, King Balor... :(

attachment.php

Attachments

• hellboyII_1568.jpg
    hellboyII_1568.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 131
I know right for me seeing him as Lincoln, in 1980, and I tell you this his performance was WAY better than Daniel day Lewis to prancing around in 1984 in leather bondage gear at his age in a cheech and chong movieI knew he was instantly special.

A gifted Actor who could AND DID take on any role and make it exceptional.

I really only watch that movie to see him in it and when it came out I could'nt believe my eyes, my friends and i were laughing so hard we were almost in tears.

Gonna clue in the girlfriend to just who he was as she knows him from GOT and Beauty and The Beast.

Can't wait to see her face! :lol

That is some serious TRUTH right there. I can't remember when I ever laughed so hard at a character. How he kept a straight face during some of his own dialogue is just baffling. Amazing work.]

I've listened to the ASOIAF audio books read by Dotrice about 50 times (and I have been listening to them again recently). His voice has been a part of my life for a long time now. RIP

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back