The Memory Room scene in Blade Runner 2049...

Birdie

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Was supposed to feature my VK Machine build in a 'scene from the past'. I was contracted by Alcon in April last year after one of their set dressers scanned the web for a VK replica to use. The scene was supposed to shoot in Budapest in August 2016, but the shipping was cancelled at the last minute due to a problem clearing the IP rights. Bwar.

I was told at the time the scene would go ahead without the VK. As it appears in the movie we just hear a recording of Rachel's VK test. So it seems that the original idea was for us to actually 'see' one of her memories. I would love to see the original script to see what was planned...

1. Holy ****, that’s incredible
2. I wonder if it was scrapped because it would’ve required a young CGI Harrison Ford? Because the scene would be from her perspective, right? I can totally see him saying no to that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Holy ****, that’s incredible
2. I wonder if it was scrapped because it would’ve required a young CGI Harrison Ford? Because the scene would be from her perspective, right? I can totally see him saying no to that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that was the case I'm happy they didn't do a young HF. It is getting a bit over-used these days.

That sure would have made a lot more sense, I was wondering how they had a record of that event if not from her memory. I guess you could assume the VK machine stored the data and that was in police records.

They could have brought Ford's son in again like they did for the piano/unicorn dream sequence in the final cut of BR.
Dead ringer for his dad.

I was told that it would be classified as set dressing, and as such comes under industrial copyright. Apparently everything in this category has to be cleared by their licensing department, and they failed to submit it in good time. It went to Villneuve, and they tried to clear it by Ridley, who was in Australia filming Alien Covenant, but couldn't be done in time. Fascinating (horribly disappointing to me :() stuff if that is genuinely what went down. I was paid for the changes I made to it and a nice aluminium flight-case to ship it to Budapest, but I came within a hair's breath of owning a screen-used VK :cry

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back