MCU after Infinity War ... what then?

It’s not official but I’m 99% sure that’s the case. There has to be some major reveal with each big Marvel film and FF sounds perfect for Infinity War. Besides, trading all X-Men television rights for just the Skrulls? That wouldn’t exactly be equitable and Marvel doesn’t exactly have a weak bargaining hand. X-Men television rights is essentially useless to Marvel at this point without movie rights and, especially since the success of Deadpool and Logan, Fox will never give up the property. And the multiple failures of Fox to launch FF make that property worthless to Fox except as a bargaining chip. I’m 99% sure FF got traded to Marvel - everyone wins in that exchange.

Well, you said it yourself: X-Men television rights are essentially useless to Marvel at this point, so trading something useless for the rights to use certain villains/characters in future movies? Sure, seems like it could be fair trade. Would Fox trade the rights to an entire movie franchise for television rights? I don't know... if you're a Monopoly kind of guy, that's like trading Connecticut Avenue for Park Place.

I'd love to see the Fantastic Four in the MCU, and I'd like to emphasize that I REALLY hope you're right here, but I'm not sure how realistic it is. Plus, I feel like we would have heard something about it by now if it did happen. The Sony Spider-Man deal was announced pretty much right after it was made.

But still, fingers crossed.

I would expect you'll start to see either the retiring of existing heroes (e.g. Iron Man -- RDJ won't do this forever, guys), and a "passing of the torch" to younger heroes. That might include new incarnations of old heroes (e.g. Thor passes to a new character, Iron Man switches to Ironheart, Cap switches to Winter Soldier cap or Falcon cap, etc., etc.).

The real issue is that these films require actors who have inhabited these parts for a decade over multiple movies. Simply recasting them may not be acceptable to modern audiences outside of a universe-reboot of sorts. Unlike in regular comics, the actors' ages aren't frozen, and more changes about them than just contemporary hairstyles. So, realistically, I think we'll see reboots, soft reboots, or the older actors actually stepping down entirely and handing over the reigns to new characters.

^ This is why I'm hoping that if Marvel has indeed gotten FF, they'll go with something a bit Ultimate-y, with all the main characters in high school at the beginning, just out of around the time they get their powers, and go from there with plenty of longevity in the actors. Bonus points if they use the Ultimate Universe version of the Baxter Building as government-funded wunderkind think tank, and potential academic competition to the Midtown School of Science and Technology...

--Jonah

If the F4 were to appear in the MCU I would want it to be a period piece set in the 60s where they were experimenting with time/interdimensional travel and end up disappearing at the end of it, leaving the Baxter building empty and at the mercy of the ages. They would then show up in our time, having not aged due to timey wimey stuff. It's a little too Captain America, but it's a pretty untread era for the MCU so far

Not a fan of a high school FF. I'd like to see them brought in from a different timeline/dimension somehow by Doctor Strange. Then they spend their solo film trying to get back to their original dimension, but when they get back, their dimension is invaded by the Skrulls and everyone they know and love is dead so they have no option but to fight their way back to stay in the MCU dimension where it's less Skrull-y and embrace it.

Well, since we are all on an FF in the MCU subject, I think that the FF should be some scientists who fly out during IW to help the Avengers, and get caught in the crossfire, which transforms them into people with strange powers.
Then, they could have their own solo film. Sort of like Spider-Man in CW.

FF should be introduced by someone receiving a message across the dimensions to build a portal.
When the portal is complete....

The zombie FF arrive and we get the a Marvel Zombies movie in the MCU.

Can even toss in the Ash cross-over!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back